Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I found my air conditioning blowing cold, then warm air. I made an appointment at the Subaru dealership, but I was scheduled out for two weeks. Here, in Maryland, we have already experienced temperatures well into the 80s. I researched on YouTube, and I found a quick fix. Under the roof, located to the right in the fuse box, seek the blue, rectangular fuse. It is the AC relay. Tap it with a screwdriver or wrench (with the car running). The compressor should immediately click in. Boom! Success. Cold air. However, I took it a step further. For $13.99 at my dealership, I purchased a brand new AC relay. I made sure the car was turned off. I used a pair of pliers to pull the old relay, and replaced with a new one. That's it! I now have stable air temperature.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recently, I found my air conditioning blowing cold, then warm air. I made an appointment at the Subaru dealership, but I was scheduled out for two weeks. Here, in Maryland, we have already experienced temperatures well into the 80s. I researched on YouTube, and I found a quick fix. Under the roof, located to the right in the fuse box, seek the blue, rectangular fuse. It is the AC relay. Tap it with a screwdriver or wrench (with the car running). The compressor should immediately click in. Boom! Success. Cold air. However, I took it a step further. For $13.99 at my dealership, I purchased a brand new AC relay. I made sure the car was turned off. I used a pair of pliers to pull the old relay, and replaced with a new one. That's it! I now have stable air temperature.
Yep, needed to do the same for my ‘08 the Summer after I purchased it 2+ years ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When your AC was blowing cold, then blowing warm was it affecting your idle? I'm asking because the load would increase every time the compressor kicked on and off.

I am having a problem with AC and rough Idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts