Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The factory set of tailgate support struts had lasted for about 7 years on my 2006 B9 before starting to sag in the top position, just enough to bump my head on the door. There have been a few threads on replacing these units. Turns out, Tuff Support tailgate struts sold by RockAuto for 2008+ models do fit 2006-07. Just installed them. As of this writing, RA has them at a crazy low price of 13 something dollars each. The difference between 2006-07 and 2008+ support struts is in the shape of the bracket holding the bottom end to the pillar. The 2006-07 bracket curves down so the hinge is recessed into the cavity starting below the attachment bolts. The 2008+ bracket is flat where it sits on the pillar but it does work on 2006-07 without causing any interference (obviously, the hinge end now sits about 1/4" above the sheetmetal). Anyway, the whole job has cost me under $35 in parts and shipping. Also, I believe the units sold by Lift Support Depot under their brand are re-labeled Tuff Support. Those run about $70 a set and are listed for all years of Tribeca, which is how I got the idea.
The struts are made in Turkey.

·
Administrator
636 Posts
Wow, appreciate that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts