Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had any luck adding an aftermarket radio to an 08 Tribeca with Nav? I'm not talking about replacing the exisiting radio either, more of in addition too......

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you just want nav, but a Garmin. The new voice recognition stuff is out.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That is pretty fricking cool. Although, I don't think the novelty will last if the overall unit isn't great. Now if Garmin made one, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The Mio units are actually pretty good. I was skeptical, but my bro-in-law got one of their lower models for $150. It's pretty nice, not quite as intuitive as my Magellan Roadmate, but definitely better than our TomTom One that got stolen:censored: The higher end Mios all get pretty good reviews.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I hear ya carlswa2, we got a bit OT there. The problem with Tribecas is that there isn't even a good place to mount an aftermarket radio, nevermind losingg the built-in. At least in the 05+ Legacies you could remove the pocket at the top of the dash and get a standard DIN mount adapter.

If you're serious about upgrading the audio in the B9, I'd say your best option would be to stick with the OEM head unit, get speaker-to-line level adapters, add an amp, and replace the speakers. If you have 06+navi or 07+ you could add HD radio or whatever via an aux input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts