Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info or experience with an aftermarket exhaust for the Tribeca? I am picking up a 2006 Black limited on Monday,to go along with my recently purchased Forester XS Premium. Already thinking about upgrades , K&N air filter is in the mail. Proud to be a new member of the Subaru gang!

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is nothing out there for it. I think since it didn't hit the JDM market hurt us. Although, the Aussies are known for their Subie high performance parts. Maybe they might make something for it when the 08 comes out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone know if the y-pipe on the Tribeca is the same as on the Legacy? If so, the legacygt aftermarket axlebacks bolt right up to the y-pipes of the n/a engines. The exhaust system on the 'beca looked pretty similar to the one on the Legacy, so maybe that's an idea???

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
singincanary said:
Does anyone know if the y-pipe on the Tribeca is the same as on the Legacy? If so, the legacygt aftermarket axlebacks bolt right up to the y-pipes of the n/a engines. The exhaust system on the 'beca looked pretty similar to the one on the Legacy, so maybe that's an idea???
Hmmm. Interesting idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good thread. I was also just wondering how close in size the dual outlet exhaust of a legacy would be to the tribeca.
I'd love to have a little bit louder exhaust note. Perhaps with an axel back.
anyone have any under shots of a tribeca?

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK, it's official. Legacy exhausts DO NOT fit on the Tribeca. I tried to fit a set of LGT Prodrive axlebacks on the 'beca this weekend, and the DO NOT FIT. The y-pipe is different between the LGT, 2.5i Legacy and the 3.0 Outback. The reason is that the y-pipe on the 'beca has to clear the spare tire which is mounted under the car.

With some custom pipe work they would fit, but that's more than I wanted to do at this point.

However, I did get my 5th tire mounted on the BBS's, and confirmed that a full-sized spare will fit under the car, albeit while sacrificing some clearance.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
However, I did get my 5th tire mounted on the BBS's, and confirmed that a full-sized spare will fit under the car, albeit while sacrificing some clearance.
That's a good thing to know. Any pictures of how much space we're going to have to sacrifice?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
singincanary said:
OK, it's official. Legacy exhausts DO NOT fit on the Tribeca. I tried to fit a set of LGT Prodrive axlebacks on the 'beca this weekend, and the DO NOT FIT. The y-pipe is different between the LGT, 2.5i Legacy and the 3.0 Outback. The reason is that the y-pipe on the 'beca has to clear the spare tire which is mounted under the car.

With some custom pipe work they would fit, but that's more than I wanted to do at this point.

Do the mufflers fit, just not the y pipe ? As stated it shouldn't be difficult to have one fabbed up. How much did the pair of mufflers cost you?Thanks for doing the research.

·
Registered
124 Posts
singincanary said:
Nice. How much clearance are we talking about? Are those BBS's 8" deep rims like the factory ones?

·
Registered
21 Posts
good post on the mufflers thanks for trying.
I would also love to see a picture of the legacy exhaust mated up to the tribeca to see how much custom fab is required.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd love to throw a set of mufflers on our Tribeca but seeing as how it's not really 'my' car I'm not aloud lol.
Magnaflow makes some really nice stainless mufflers with tips already on for a factory finish.
Locally at least we have a few places such as Kooks Custom headers that would do a full stainless exhaust for it....but again it's not my decision to make.

I've also never heard a H6 with mufflers...don't know how good it would sound. :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
ohh nice post. I really think the 3.0 would sound nice.
But i am VERY excited to hear the new 3.6 opened up a little bit. Hacked up intake box and a slightly louder muffler i think would sound amazing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
COBB made an exhaust for the tribeca but it was a one-off deal for a sema car. they actually did the hedders back. Why don't we try a group buy of some sort to see if Cobb would reproduce just the axel back for us? any takers? just a thought.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts