Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Kamkze said:
Is there any kits to allow the installation of an aftermarket dvd in the dash somewhere?
Not that I am familiar with. The B9 console is very complicated and integrated so I can't see any easy way to install an aftermarket DVD unit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kamkze said:
Is there any kits to allow the installation of an aftermarket dvd in the dash somewhere?
The Nav screen has a video input (RCA) on the back. I bought an inexpensive A/V cable at Wal-Mart and hooked up my iPod to it. I have the audio rigged up separately (via the infamous audio line-in hack), but it all works fine together. Don't see why you couldn't mount a portable DVD player somewhere and hook it up the same way.

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magic Marker said:
Not that I am familiar with. The B9 console is very complicated and integrated so I can't see any easy way to install an aftermarket DVD unit.
Thats kind of what I thought but I was hoping. I guess I can mount some screens in the visors and a DVD under the seat.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have navi/RSE. There are some hacks to get DVD playback while driving or aux. video input to the navi screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts