Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where a good spot would be to place this camera. I am connecting it to my smart mirror. I think that connecting it as high as possible would make sense.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The location for OE camera is on the lip above the license plate where the lights are, but you probably know this already. I suppose a camera can be mounted higher up on the spoiler, although that might be not as secure. I am actually thinking of adding a camera (at the lip location) and a display mirror.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The location for OE camera is on the lip above the license plate where the lights are, but you probably know this already. I suppose a camera can be mounted higher up on the spoiler, although that might be not as secure. I am actually thinking of adding a camera (at the lip location) and a display mirror.
Heh, not with a non-nav screen and an 06 (I know nothing lol) but hang on to anything long enough and that matters not. :)

What did you mean by the lip area and a display mirror? Also, did you plan on mounting it externally or internally?

Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I mean to mount the camera above the license plate. That's where the camera is on navigation-equipped Tribecas (and most other SUVs). The display mirror is a mirror with a video screen in it, a common option to show the image sent by the camera. Actually, I already have the whole package for my Mazda CX-7, but my kid took that car to college.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean to mount the camera above the license plate. That's where the camera is on navigation-equipped Tribecas (and most other SUVs). The display mirror is a mirror with a video screen in it, a common option to show the image sent by the camera. Actually, I already have the whole package for my Mazda CX-7, but my kid took that car to college.
Got it. I pull a trailer sometimes with plywood sides. I think mounting it up as high as possible would make the sense in that case but is there a way to run the camera outside of the vehicle at the spoiler area and make it look clean?

I am also planning to install one of these at some point so getting this thing up as high as possible makes sense.

Does your brain actually get used to no longer using a center rear view mirror and using a camera instead? I just can't imagine that happening.

FWIW it went with one of these and love it:

Reactions: avk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts