Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 Tribeca with the factory installed DVD Player and navigation system (I've seen people say this makes a difference with sat hookups). My wife like many others sees the sat button on the console and asks how to get Sirius or XM hooked up. I've done some research and Found two part numbers H621SXA001 for XM and H621SXA101 for Sirius.

Question are these correct? I found an H621SXA100 but it says that it is for an '08 Tribeca. Is there a difference or can I use that tuner?

Prices seem to range from $315 to $415 just for the unit so I want to make sure I purchase the right unit. I did find .pdf install guide which makes it look fairly easy. I've installed a car radio before and it looks similar.

Also does having the navigation and rear DVD affect my options or installation in any way?

I've also seen people say that they hook their Ipods up to the stereo. How is this accomplished?

Thanks,

Newbie :eek:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well if you want satellite radio, you can't have the iPod integration. You can only have one or the other. If you must have satellite, but want iPod, run and aux cable to the iPod.

IMO, if you have an iPhone run Pandora through the Aux. It's free vs. $12/ month or whatever satellite costs. I've been using Pandora using this cable. Works perfectly and costs less then $5.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083101&p_id=6226&seq=1&format=2

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't believe Sirius was an option for the 07, XM only. Best bet would be to ask your local parts dept to give you a bill of materials needed to add sat radio.

We have XM plus navi and RSE. It all works together, but like Magic Marker said, if you want iPod integration you have to choose Sat or iPod. Also the iPod integration for the 07 is very limited, no iPod touch or iPhone support:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info! Its a shame that the '07 model is limited to XM and that it has limited Ipod integration. I like the idea of using my Iphone with Pandora instead but if it won't support it like Snork said then I'm back to square one. I will probably end up going the XM tuner kit then.

I just hate shelling out $300 for the kit and then $12 a month for the subscription!

Thanks again for your swift replies this is a great community.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Your iPhone is a viable option if you get/make a nice mount for it and just pipe it through the aux jack. I made up my own suction cup windshield mount (so the touch controls are easily reachable) and just plug in my iPhone.

We used to have XM in all 3 of our cars, but got rid of it a few months ago. My wife and I just couldn't justify the $30/month (family plan). A lot of the stations actually have commercials now (why am I paying a subscription fee?!?!?!) and the new Sirius DJs SUCK. They are the worst and have no personality. Just play uniterrupted music dammit!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
bishop91 said:
Thanks for the info! Its a shame that the '07 model is limited to XM and that it has limited Ipod integration. I like the idea of using my Iphone with Pandora instead but if it won't support it like Snork said then I'm back to square one. I will probably end up going the XM tuner kit then.

I just hate shelling out $300 for the kit and then $12 a month for the subscription!

Thanks again for your swift replies this is a great community.
I have the iPod integration in ours and actually don't really use it. Just run your iPhone through the Aux and get a nice mount for your iPhone. I have a vent mount and that works well. Makes the iPhone more in reach vs. a windshield mount. I'll have to take a shot of my set up in both cars. Clean and simple. Plus your iPhone can still pick up calls, you can see the screen and it gets charged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ipod Kit

So will the Ipod kit from Monoprice work in my auxillary port (BTW where is it located?) Or what will I need to test drive this idea?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
bishop91 said:
So will the Ipod kit from Monoprice work in my auxillary port (BTW where is it located?) Or what will I need to test drive this idea?

Thanks again!
Well you have an 07 like mine, so look in your arm rest. The AUX port should be in there. It works flawlessly, but you'll have to also buy a car charger USB plug. Depending on the usb car charger plug, it should just fit. in terms of height. I'll take shots of the set up when I get home.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10826&cs_id=1082602&p_id=3523&seq=1&format=2

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Here are some pics of the iPod AUX cable set up.

Center armrest w/ USB charger and into AUX port

iPhone just sitting on the seat/ simple one cable to charge and get digital audio

Me just holding it where my iPhone vent holder typically is. Perfect viewing angle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aux Port

I looked last night and found the AUX port. However, mine isn't labeled like yours!

I ordered the cables and charger from Monoprice! Total was less than $7 including shipping! It shipped today too.

Thanks for the pictures now I just need to figure out a mounting option for my Iphone.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
bishop91 said:
I looked last night and found the AUX port. However, mine isn't labeled like yours!

I ordered the cables and charger from Monoprice! Total was less than $7 including shipping! It shipped today too.

Thanks for the pictures now I just need to figure out a mounting option for my Iphone.
Great. Glad to help. Depending on the car usb charger + the usb plug it may be a bit tall for the arm rest to close fully. If that happens, you'll have to get a 90 degree USB bender.

Just get a cheap vent iPhone holder and call it day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For what its worth Bishop, I installed Sirius (Sportster $165.00) and ran it into the pseudo-aux-in that us '06 owners must use. I put a "Y' connector leading into the aux ("RSE" button on head unit) and can either let Sirius got into amp, or disconnect via switch, the Sirius radio and let the ipod go into the head unit. I have lifetime subscription for Sirius, and will transfer the radio to whatever I car I get next. This transferability is why I chose aftermarket external Sirius. The unit easily detaches to be used on any other mount- boom box, home setup, I may want to use it on under the 1 subscription. I mounted it on left side of dash just below the vent outlet-easy access by left hand when driving. This also makes YOU the moderator of "name that tune-artist-year" when driving with a group!

Just some ideas. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Regarding the two different part numbers for the Sat. kit, I called both of the dealerships in town and asked if either kit would fit an '07 Limited. One dealership told me "yes, either will fit. The only difference is Sirius or XM"
The other dealership told me "NO, '07 only accepts XM".
I called SOA and they said "No, only XM for the '07". The truth is *probably* either will fit but I didn't want to bet the price of the kit to find out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.