Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finance Manager at the dealership where I bought my Tribeca B9 in New Hempshire gave me 7 years/100K Gold for $1,395.00 with "0" deductible. I will make 10 payments of $139.50 from my CC. I am posting his name and his phone number with his permission - feel free to call him and discuss whatever you need to discuss. I am not affiliated with them in any manner and doing this just for our B9 community. His name is Joe (603)382-7101
There is no sales tax in NH so you can save this way also. Your car must be within 3 years/36K in order to get this warranty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the official Subaru letter which is offering me 6 years 100K miles and 100 deductible for $1377. You can pay it in 10 monthly installments interest free.

I had a bad experience with a new FM at my dealer. He kept quoting the warranty at over 2K even when I told him that if I refused Subaru would send me a letter in a few months that would seriously undercut his price. He kept stating that Subaru did not do that and I kept stating that they did for the last Impreza I bought. If he had been honest and offered me the wholesale price I would have been tempted to roll it into the loan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another dealer South of Boston offered me $1395 for a group buy and 10 payments interest free. Initially they quote $2,095, which is $95 more then MSRP price is.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I still have some time to get the Gold for the B9 and my 08 Impreza. I haven't received an official number from my local dealer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AWeD Gray said:
I have the official Subaru letter which is offering me 6 years 100K miles and 100 deductible for $1377. You can pay it in 10 monthly installments interest free.

I had a bad experience with a new FM at my dealer. He kept quoting the warranty at over 2K even when I told him that if I refused Subaru would send me a letter in a few months that would seriously undercut his price. He kept stating that Subaru did not do that and I kept stating that they did for the last Impreza I bought. If he had been honest and offered me the wholesale price I would have been tempted to roll it into the loan.
can you fax or email me a copy of that offer please 617-864-9463 thanks:wave:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Andrey said:
I just spoke to FM at my local dealer. Asked him to give us 10 people "group buy" on bumper to bumper 7 years/100K. The best he can do with $100 deductible is $1495 Is anybody interested and did anybody have a better number than this? Thanks
PS I've seen $725 in another thread but nobody confirmed that number or how they've got it.
Contact Grayson Subaru - see this post http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70838
I believe it was Seth I dealt with, you can contact through the LegacyGT site.:)

I bought mine over the phone with proof of milage for about $1100 or $1200 with tax. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere. The $1495 you were quoted doesn't include taxes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry about the delay. Busy week at both jobs and I had scanner issues (you can tell by the defects on the image). Attached is a jpeg of the front side of the letter. Hope it is not too late but it will also be a lesson for future warranty buyers when they are getting brow beat by FMs.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
AWeD Gray said:
Sorry about the delay. Busy week at both jobs and I had scanner issues (you can tell by the defects on the image). Attached is a jpeg of the front side of the letter. Hope it is not too late but it will also be a lesson for future warranty buyers when they are getting brow beat by FMs.

THANKS!!!! But they've sent you "Classic". I am looking to buy "Gold" plan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a better deal from Dealer in New Hempshire 7years/100K "0" deduct Gold Plan $1395. Going with 10 installment plan of $139.50 per month for 10 months.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Andrey said:
Got a better deal from Dealer in New Hempshire 7years/100K "0" deduct Gold Plan $1395. Going with 10 installment plan of $139.50 per month for 10 months.
I wonder if I can get that now at 45k miles? Never bought an extended warranty on a car before; just digital cameras and my PS3 :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jimbo said:
I wonder if I can get that now at 45k miles? Never bought an extended warranty on a car before; just digital cameras and my PS3 :D
Try giving a call to Joe at 603-382-7101. He is FM at dealer in NH

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought 2yr extended warranty when I bought my 06 Tribeca back in 06. I was told by the dealer if I don't use the extended warranty, I will get my money back. I haven't been to the dealer for any repair during the 2 yrs and my extended warranty will expire in Sept '10. Has anyone heard of this money back? Exactly, how do I get the money back?

Also, can I still get another extended warranty once my old one expires, and from where? I have a 06 tribeca with only 30k on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to check with you guys if you think the extended warranty was worth the money? I just bought a used 2007 (great car, love it!) and also purchased 3yrs used warranty, but I only did it because there's a 60-day money-back guarantee. I'm thinking it's not worth the money at almost 3 grands. I never had warranty on my used cars before (older and not Japanese) and thinking back, I never spent 3K in three years on warranty repairs. 95% of my maintence spend was is wear and tear which is not covered anyways.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Added Security

Hello Guys,
I read through the posts and there are a lot of questions here (and also which I still have). I bought the Gold plan (0 deductible/7 years 100,000 miles). I paid with tax 2200.00.

The dealer did not want to sell it to me because he said that I would be required to a Subaru dealer for repairs and in my neck of the woods the one closest to me (his) is 120 miles and the next one is 330 miles.

After purchasing it I discovered only 100 dollars of a tow is covered. If my car has to be towed to a dealer, there will be a big expense out of my pocket to get it there (for that reason I also got AAA premier since they cover not 100 dollars but one 200 MILE tow and 4 100 mile tows).

The extended warranty is not refundable if you don't spend it (answer to a question in this post). You can however cancel your protection and get a prorated refund.

According to the Subaru website "wear and tear" is covered. However I don't find those words in the actual contract after I purchased the product.

Is the added protection a good deal? I don't know. I guess I'll find out when something breaks down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Done!

I am done paying for the Gold Plus. Now I have a strange feeling that it is not worth it as Subaru started counting 7 years 100K since day one. Day one till 3 years I am covered by the original warranty!!! So, now I have left 4 years left or 100K whatever comes first or I can return within 90 days for full refund. What do you think?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Andrey said:
I am done paying for the Gold Plus. Now I have a strange feeling that it is not worth it as Subaru started counting 7 years 100K since day one. Day one till 3 years I am covered by the original warranty!!! So, now I have left 4 years left or 100K whatever comes first or I can return within 90 days for full refund. What do you think?
so you basically paid for a 4 year or 64K add-on to the original warranty. depending on the price that might actually be worth it. however, i will say it's a little shady if they didn't disclose the extension terms upfront.

the thing about extended warranties is that most people never take full advantage of them. a lot of issues covered under the extended warranty don't total the cost of what you paid for the warranty to begin with. that's how these companies make money! at the same time you never know if your car will be the one in twenty that will have a major issue, or a string of small issues, that empties your wallet.

when my factory warranty is up i will be looking to extend it, but i'll be very wary on the price and terms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Subaru Warranty

"Originally Posted by AWeD Gray
I have the official Subaru letter which is offering me 6 years 100K miles and 100 deductible for $1377. You can pay it in 10 monthly installments interest free."

I purchased the same 6 years 100k mile with $100 deductible for $775. My Tribeca has 32300 when purchase on the 13th of April. Great buy!

Northtown Subaru in Buffalo NY. Jim is the finance guy but I have not been given permission to post so your "just calling for quotes."

Miles

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Andrey said:
When we bought the SOA warranty, I knew the clocked started ticking at the original inception. It wasn't a surprise to me.

Should you keep it?? Up to you. As with any insurance policy, you hope you never need it, but like the assurance you have it when needed. So you can keep the warranty or sock away the money spent on a warranty for a rainy day in case something big happens and you pay out of pocket.

At the end of the day....it's a gamble that you have to take.

Side note, I paid $1600 w/ $100 deduct for Gold 7yr/ 100k. We traded in the B9, filled out paperwork and got a prorated amount of $1222 back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my experience with SOA gold warranties

92 legacy - everything went wrong after the 7yr/100K!!! - lost money on that, interestingly this was a us made legacy, my japanese made 92 legacy had more problems in its first few years but I didn;t have the ext warranty on that one!

98 legacy GT- new a/c, various electrical stuff incl two power antennas, cam seal oil leak (and the dealer did the timingbelt for free as it was "damaged by the oil and a few other things I no longer remember details of , got my money back and more

02 WRX - fuel line leak - though that became a recall issue later, wheel bearings and something with the struts, new dimming rear mirror- just about broke even only. but itsl only got 65K miles after 9 years,if i had driven it more I suspect more would have gone wrong and more woudl have been replaced under warranty

tribeca- bushings, front end link, engine mount, power outlets x2 -still got till next august on the warranty, probably break even

I do find the dealers treat you better - eg the timing belt should not really be a covered item and they have also replaced bulbs in the dash etc in the 98 which are also not actually covered. I dunno what exactly it was but with the WRX fuel line issue the dealer initially said it wasn't covered as its a "hose" but after I called SOA and pleaded and grovelled about what a great subaru customer I was they had the dealer fix it under ext warranty right away - but they also ended up as I said making it a recall issue 2 years later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts