Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone just took delivery of 2006 Newport Blue Subaru Tribeca Limited w/dvd+nav+34k miles yesterday and I love it. This is a smart vehicle from Subaru and it suits me and my family well..... pictures coming soon, plus it's a great addition to my 1992 Pearl White Subaru SVX w/123k miles. Subarus are such great cars and they seem to run forever, I know some guy's over at the Subaru SVX World Network that are driving them well into the 200k-300k miles.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome...that's a good looking SVX:cool: My dad was close to getting one back when I was in middle/high school...wish he did.

·
449 Posts
Welcome to the club. That I love the look of the SVX, one of the few sexy Subarus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome ! 06 is lovely for its original design :) We have 07 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome, I'm humbled and I take my hat off to all of my Subaru lovers and club members. I hope that the interest of this site grows and we spread the word about these wonderful...... as my kids put it ka -trucks (car+truck). I love taking pictures but the weather here in Chicago has been terrible as usual and I want her clean, and Newport Blue Pearl really is a nice color I thought I would only have Pearl White cars forever.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another subaru

Our daughter, in Portland, OR, just bought a 2002 Forester 5 spd with Moon roof and trailer hitch. My wife and I have 2 Subaru's - 1998 OBW Ltd 5 spd which we tow behind our motor home (116,800 mi) and a 2008 Tribeca 7 passenger Ltd (14,000 miles). Our Gold metallic Tribeca (named Goldy) is our every day car. It was ordered with the factory trailer hitch. Plus the rubber floor mats for winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's so funny how we name our vehicles, my 2006 Toyota Avalon Touring's name is Big Bertha, my Tribeca's name is Bettie Blue, and my SVX's name is Foxy. My wife of 18yrs thinks I'm a 41 Year old tard for naming our vehicles...... only if I could find me a Big Boys Big Wheel to name.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Naming your car

My son is "into" army trucks. He has 2 M37 trucks. One is named Emma and (whoops, senior moment) can't remember the name of the other. My '98 OBW Ltd is named Subrina the Subaru. :) Original, huh? The motor home name is "Big Bertha".

MNSteve

·
Registered
552 Posts
Phat Ride said:
My wife of 18yrs thinks I'm a 41 Year old tard for naming our vehicles...... only if I could find me a Big Boys Big Wheel to name.
:lol: Hah, that's classic :lol:

I have to say I've never really named my cars. My wife loves her 05 Legacy and she does call it her "little Subie" and the Tribeca is "big Subie". Not very original I suppose though:eek:

And I'd be right there with you if they made an adult sized big wheel! I loved those things when I was little...had a Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider big wheel when I was little (obviously I'm a bit younger, 29, and grew up in the 80s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Naming our cars

True!! Big Wheels Rock! On the subject of car names, our 6 year old daughter calls the Tribeca: "Spikey", she says it reminds her of a puffer fish somewhat.:rolleyes: I guess it kind of stuck now. Do you see it? I don't even know if I do, but I don't have a six year old's imagination. I could go for that adult big wheel though!:D

·
Registered
552 Posts
From the rear I can see it as a bloated something or other, dunno about a puffer fish:eek: Straight on from behind the bulges at the "hips" aren't so flattering to the 06/07 models and do give it a puffy/bloated look. Front 3/4 view (like my avatar) I think is the best view of the car, sorta hides the full on effect of the nose that some don't like and you can't see the bulges along the side as much;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Photos

Well I said I was going to take some photos to formally introduce "Bettie Blue", while I was waiting I changed the bulbs..... the low beam (Luminics Ultra White) and true fogs (JDM yellow) I wish I could put in HID's but that DRL problem, I have to say the new low beams would fool you, they look good and provide good light, they look like HID's to me I have HID"s in my SVX (projectors also) and not much difference just alittle brighter, color is right crisp white w/some super light blue.... not that crazy super blue but just a touch.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Vehicle

Automotive lighting Vehicle Light Headlamp Car

Floor Flooring Snow Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts