Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys iam the current owner of a 2006 limited b9 tribeca obsidian black and i was wondering what you guys think of the acura mdx 08... is that a better suv than our's? just would like to hear some opinions! ... thanx:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
hamlet305 said:
hello guys iam the current owner of a 2006 limited b9 tribeca obsidian black and i was wondering what you guys think of the acura mdx 08... is that a better suv than our's? just would like to hear some opinions! ... thanx:)
Acura is nice... Then again, think of it being as an overpriced honda with some more standard features... But thats just my opinion.... And from many videos I've watched, SH-AWD is not at all better then Quattro, or Symmetrical AWD from Subie.... Please let me know what you end up getting!! :cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I really like the MDXs, they're just too expensive IMHO. If cost was no object I probably would have gotten an MDX although I'm a Honda fan (my daily driver is an 03 Accord EX-L V6 coupe). Also IMHO, unless you get a fully loaded Premium + Tech package MDX it's not worth the money.

And as mcharette said, I'd take Subie's AWD over SH-AWD. SH-AWD is nice for dry handling, but subies do better in adverse weather which is what I would want in my AWD implementation (made it to work and back no probs this morning in 6" + falling snow in my B9:D).

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you're seriously thinking of getting an MDX, I would also consider waiting to see the new Pilot coming out this year. The exterior is pretty bland (more so than the current) but the interior looks pretty good and should be considerably less money than an MDX.

·
Registered
26 Posts
snork said:
If you're seriously thinking of getting an MDX, I would also consider waiting to see the new Pilot coming out this year. The exterior is pretty bland (more so than the current) but the interior looks pretty good and should be considerably less money than an MDX.
Pilots are nice too!

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of Ridgeline influence and a little MDX in the headlights.

Not a bad looking model, just missing something.

·
Registered
214 Posts
For the balance of power and luxury, my first choice was the new MDXs (07+). I was spoiled with the FX45 and wanted something comparable, cause the FX was too small.

I agree, it is priced aggressively. It jumped in price for small features. And deceptively big.

I still turn everytime I see one though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys how about a landrover LR3?

iam a subie lover, i love my b9 but if i get a chance to jump in a lr3 i would!... how about u guys?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like the LR3s and Range Rovers...beautiful trucks, but they are perpetually in for service and have some of THE worst quality ratings.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I couldn't afford the repairs on an LR3.

I love our B9. It's a head turner. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
hamlet305 said:
iam a subie lover, i love my b9 but if i get a chance to jump in a lr3 i would!... how about u guys?
If you get a LR3, make sure you keep your B9 so you'll have something to drive while your LR3 is in the shop... :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts