Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm shopping for some rims. Found some very nice ones, but their 35mm offset. So my question is, how much can i play with the offset? Like 5mm more or less or only 3mm or less?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Disturbed said:
Hey guys, i'm shopping for some rims. Found some very nice ones, but their 35mm offset. So my question is, how much can i play with the offset? Like 5mm more or less or only 3mm or less?
I've been in this same boat...doing tons of research and such. It really depends upon the rim size your going for... 18", 19", 20"... I've settled on 20" rims and have found that 40-50mm offsets are the best. You can always use spacers 3-15mm but I've avoided that. Let me know what you find out as well...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've always seen 5mm is the recommended +/- however, it also depends on the width of the wheel. The wider the wheel, the lower the offset can get.

The "risk" of running too low an offset is the danger of more stress/load being put on the bearings leading to premature wheel bearing failure. Honestly, though, its impossible to pinpoint exactly the cause of bearing failure.

I've been thinking of going with a more aggressive setup, something along the lines of an 18x9, et 38 or so. Looking to get a more flush look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts