Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am Canadian and I have just imported a brand new 2008 Tribeca from NY about 2 weeks ago. Loving it so far. Got to admit, I didn't know much about Subaru until 6 months ago. The passion of Subaru owners/fans is great. I hope this is the first of many more Subies for me and my family.

Cheers,

·
Registered
151 Posts
welcome!! wherebouts in canada are you?

Did you pick it up yourself or did you buy it from a local dealer that imports them? Is it true Subaru Canada will only warranty 06-07's imported to Canada in Canada?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazycanuck said:
welcome!! wherebouts in canada are you?

Did you pick it up yourself or did you buy it from a local dealer that imports them? Is it true Subaru Canada will only warranty 06-07's imported to Canada in Canada?
I picked it up myself and drove it back home.
About warranty, I have 2 options: bring it to a US dealer at the border or have the Canadian dealer fix it and claim it back with Subaru of Amarica.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am also from Canada (Montreal, QC) and imported a 08 Tribeca LTD last November from Manchester NH... Drove it back home. Love it. It is our second Subaru as we also have a 04 Impreza OS...

·
Registered
552 Posts
ruralott said:
I picked it up myself and drove it back home.
About warranty, I have 2 options: bring it to a US dealer at the border or have the Canadian dealer fix it and claim it back with Subaru of Amarica.
Welcome to the site. One question? What wheels are those? OEM? The only wheels I thought to be available on the 08s are the ones on the blue Tribeca in the background? I like the 5-spoke look:tup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snork said:
Welcome to the site. One question? What wheels are those? OEM? The only wheels I thought to be available on the 08s are the ones on the blue Tribeca in the background? I like the 5-spoke look:tup:
No, they are not the OEM. I have the dealer putting on the snow tires right away. They are 17' Sport Edition F7 wheels from Tire Rack and Goodyear Ultra Grip SUV tires. I am quite happy with them so far, driven them on snow, ice, slush, and dry surface, but need a bit more time and mileage for a comprehensive review.

·
Registered
552 Posts
ruralott said:
No, they are not the OEM. I have the dealer putting on the snow tires right away. They are 17' Sport Edition F7 wheels from Tire Rack and Goodyear Ultra Grip SUV tires. I am quite happy with them so far, driven them on snow, ice, slush, and dry surface, but need a bit more time and mileage for a comprehensive review.
Well they look pretty good!:) I didn't think they were OEM b/c the center cap logo looked different, but I couldn't tell for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts