Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thought it might be of interest, but I just had my 08 5p ltd Tribeca serviced today in order to fix the A/C. The A/C was stopping cooling and was sending hot and mild air in the car when the car was idling. Then worked fine in movement. It appears that there was some air in the Freon circuit causing this problem (apparently a seal was missing possibly causing this). It was the second issue of that nature that my dealer (in Laval, QC) had to deal with recently. So maybe a thing that could require particular attention.
Just so you know :tup: .
M

·
Registered
192 Posts
greenwood143 said:
Hello,
Thought it might be of interest, but I just had my 08 5p ltd Tribeca serviced today in order to fix the A/C. The A/C was stopping cooling and was sending hot and mild air in the car when the car was idling. Then worked fine in movement. It appears that there was some air in the Freon circuit causing this problem (apparently a seal was missing possibly causing this). It was the second issue of that nature that my dealer (in Laval, QC) had to deal with recently. So maybe a thing that could require particular attention.
Just so you know :tup: .
M

Did your Tribeca's cooling fan suddenly seem to kick into overdrive (a loud "whirring") and the temperature gauge start creeping past the half-way point by chance eventually moving near the maximum temp (overheat) even though the vehicle shows no sign of true overheat? My '06 does this a lot, particularly on hot days and despite being investigated by service several times, not cause can ever seem to be found. Occasionally, the A/C blows out warm air when this occurs which is why I bring this up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys seriously...If it does it again have them check the line to the rear AC. It is a crap load of work, but I had this same problem. Had the AC recharged twice before they found the issue. Mine had a crack in the line, they said it was a joint that cracked.
I was like "Nice R32 leaking into the cabin with my family."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts