Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 06 black B9, and i found out that in the summer time which is around 90 + degree, the AC is really hard to get cold if it's sit under the sun for more than 10 mins... sometimes the AC gets colder if i turn the rear section AC on, but sometimes it just doesn't work, and takes forever for the AC to get cold... anyone have same problem with their B9 ?>??

·
449 Posts
My wife drives the B9 everyday not me, but yesterday we had 106F and I didn't hear her complain. I haven't noticed any issues the few times I get to drive it. Maybe I'll take it today, it's gonna be another hot day, I'll check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too had no problems in the near 100 degree heat we had this week. Set it for 72 degrees - AUTO and the cabin was comfy in minutes.

Joe

·
449 Posts
Took the B9 to work today, it's near 100 so far and going to go higher. I have both sides set to 75 and the rear at the first notch. Seems fine to me. You should have it checked out. It might be low on the 134a.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how long does it take too cool down? wife has the b9 and no problems, and we are in sweltering, humid heat here in houston.
basically under the hot summer, only the passenger side gets cold, and the driver side is always " hot" , and i mean.. hot ...especially at idle..

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I test drove a B9 right after they came out last year, I was underwhelmed by the AC performance. Also- the Edmunds review commented on this as well. Living in Tucson, AC is pretty dang important, and the only way to get it to work was to put it on high and recirc and wait 5-10min. This was unacceptable (for Tucson weather) and I chose not to buy a 'beca at that time. Well I'm back in the market and test drove it again this week and really love the car. I've read posts over at edmunds (from a KarenInAZ who lives in Phoenix- which is hotter than Tucson) and she and others say the AC is fine.

So- either some vehicles are better than others, or some of us have higher expectations than others.

Then- the next issue is what color interior I should get. The tan leather is lighter, and won't absorb the sun heat as much, but the grey leather has those wonderful perforated holes in it.

I really like this vehicle - but it's gotta' have an air conditioner. We use them year round here!

any thoughts? :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you're interested in an 07, then interior color is kinda married to exterior color, unlike in 06. Color Combos for 07:

Slate Gray - Diamond Gray Metallic, Newport Blue Pearl, & Titanium Silver Metallic

Desert Beige - Harvest Gold Metallic, Obsidian Black Pearl, Satin White Pearl, & Seacrest Green Metallic

Living in New Mexico, we wanted a light color exterior with a light color interior (actually wife mandated the Desert Beige :lol:) so we ordered Harvest Gold.

BTW, living in La. & now NM, heat buildup has always been an issue for me. I find that if I open rear windows an inch or so when I first start the car, the AC helps push the hot air out and enables the car to cool quicker. Then close 'em when it starts to cool down. JMO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the responses- and yes, I've seen that about the color combos for '07. I like the Silver- but that does leave me with a dark interior. I haven't seen the Gold yet, but I do like the Satin White and the Seacrest Green. It's good to have a few options on color when trying to get a good deal.

Glad to hear some positive AC reports. Calms my fears a bit. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts