Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 7 Passenger B9, but keep the 3rd row folded down 99% of the time. I want to pick up the cargo tray, but wondering if the 5 pass version of the tray will fit if we leave the 3rd row down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Magic Marker said:
We have a 7 Passenger B9, but keep the 3rd row folded down 99% of the time. I want to pick up the cargo tray, but wondering if the 5 pass version of the tray will fit if we leave the 3rd row down.
Fits perfectly...that's exactly what I did two years ago on my '06 7-pass :)

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kmartin said:
Fits perfectly...that's exactly what I did two years ago on my '06 7-pass :)

-Karen in AZ-
Thanks, I def need to pick up the tray and a cargo net.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you are using the third row, does the cargo mat fold enough so it can stay in the vehicle?

I don't know why Subaru doesn't have rubberized seat backs for th third row and/or sectioned cargo mats that can be connected to the third row seat backs individually so each seat can be adjusted seperately without the cargo mat getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are using the third row, does the cargo mat fold enough so it can stay in the vehicle?
Actually, I have the same question. If I get the 5 pass, but need to put up the 3rd row, will the mat fold fairly easily?? I actually leave the third row up only b/c I don't want the impression of the head rests molding into the seat. Yes, I am anal :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Actually, I have the same question. If I get the 5 pass, but need to put up the 3rd row, will the mat fold fairly easily?? I actually leave the third row up only b/c I don't want the impression of the head rests molding into the seat. Yes, I am anal :)
Huh, there is no third row in a 5-passenger model. :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Yes, it is very flexible and will fold easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased a 2008 7 passenger and also want the cargo tray to cover the area with the 3rd row down. I e-mailed subarugunuineparts.com and they said they don't make such a thing for a 7 passenger, only for the area behind the 3rd row.

Majic Marker, have you or anyone else out there fit the 5 pass. cargo tray into the 7 pass, and is the fit perfect?

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
ziggy said:
I just purchased a 2008 7 passenger and also want the cargo tray to cover the area with the 3rd row down. I e-mailed subarugunuineparts.com and they said they don't make such a thing for a 7 passenger, only for the area behind the 3rd row.

Majic Marker, have you or anyone else out there fit the 5 pass. cargo tray into the 7 pass, and is the fit perfect?

Thanks.
we have the 5 passenger tray in the back of our 7 passenger car right now and it fits fine. no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My apologies for bringing the old thread back. Can anyone please confirm that the 5-pass tray can be used in 7-pass 09 models with 3rd row folded down?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Val Demar said:
My apologies for bringing the old thread back. Can anyone please confirm that the 5-pass tray can be used in 7-pass 09 models with 3rd row folded down?
Yup, with the third row folded down you can use the 5 passenger cargo tray. Fits just fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Yup, with the third row folded down you can use the 5 passenger cargo tray. Fits just fine.
Seconded. We have that very setup in ours, and it keeps the chocolate lab hairs out of our carpets perfectly.

The only oddity that I've found is that it does leave a small area of carpet exposed just inside the hatch on the right side. We solved that exposure problem by storing our "road emergency" bag in the little area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes the tray fits in both 5 and 7 passenger Tri's. I ordered the tray for the dark interior and recieved a greyish coloured tray. I expected a dary tray but the grey matches the pillars in the vehicle, just as the manufacturer intended.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts