Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due for my 60,000-mile service on my '06 Tribeca soon. It's at 58k+ now, and the car is doing GREAT!

I have already received a quote from a local Subaru dealer for $920+tax (ridiculous, I assume). I know about the special coolant and cooling conditioner needs Subaru requires. I also read about the .030 spark plug gap confusion on the part of some manufacturers/web sites.

Any comments, price estimates, other advice, etc., would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well in NJ, there is a small group of guys who are able to do the 30-60-90k services, but since Subie auto trans require special attention, they omit it from the service.

We are coming up on the 30k service and believe it will be ~$500. In terms of convenience and paper trail, we're just having the dealer do it. Since times are tough and dealer service bays need work, maybe you can haggle for a % off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Well in NJ, there is a small group of guys who are able to do the 30-60-90k services, but since Subie auto trans require special attention, they omit it from the service.

We are coming up on the 30k service and believe it will be ~$500. In terms of convenience and paper trail, we're just having the dealer do it. Since times are tough and dealer service bays need work, maybe you can haggle for a % off.
What special attention does the transmission require? Isn't it just a drain and top off with maybe a flush?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The tranny is controlled by software and there are software upgrades periodically distributed. Same is true for the engine. They hook you up to a computer, then download the new software.
Kinda Cool!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts