Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has about 190k now. Shifts flawlessly. How long are these good for? I have done one drain and fill during it's time with me. I'd like to do many more...especially with a newish JDM engine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We've got 232k on ours, only issues is minor shift flare when cold.

Most common issue I've seen is just speed sensors usually.

·
Administrator
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've got 232k on ours, only issues is minor shift flare when cold.

Most common issue I've seen is just speed sensors usually.
That sounds very encouraging. Mine has a label maker type of label on the top of the transmission clearly viewable from the engine bay. I wonder if it came like that from the factory. If it didn't, I will be even happier. Perhaps the trans was replaced during the vehicle's life.

·
Registered
49 Posts
valve body - like what? holes in aluminium plates are tired of letting atf through? ;)

typical problem is second turbine speed sensor (which Subaru doesn't provide separately, but you can get it easily on ebay novadays) - that is one situation when Subaru changes valve body as a whole.
another typical situation are solenoids. people have found analogues from other car manufacturers too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, damn valve body. It failed on my 09 several years ago, at around 65K miles. I paid about $1300 for repair at dealer. It has 90K now. Hope will last longer than the first one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
again, what exactly in valve body went wrong? if solenoid or sensor failed - that is not the valve body. Subaru just doesn't want to offer spare parts and changes whole unit - that is easier for them and costier for you(unless you find and buy sensors/solenoids yourself).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts