Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an 07 Tribeca. He recently encounters a problem when using the tiptronic in 4th gear going up hill (~20-25 degree slope) at around 3000 rpm. The car does not accelerate whatsoever, even if he floors the gas pedal. The rpm does not increase with the speed slowly decreasing. If he shifts down a gear to 3rd, the car will accelerate with no problem.

I don't expect the Tribeca to be underpower going up hill even in 4th gear at 3000 rpm.

Does anyone here have a similar problem?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Question is how fast was he going well in fourth gear. Sounds to me like he was in the wrong gear. I'm suprised the car well let him do that. My Tribeca in TIPTRONIC mod well shift gears for me if I'm in the wrong gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SGT Goltz said:
Question is how fast was he going well in fourth gear. Sounds to me like he was in the wrong gear. I'm suprised the car well let him do that. My Tribeca in TIPTRONIC mod well shift gears for me if I'm in the wrong gear.
He was going at around 80-85 kph.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There was a similar issue, and had mine as well, where it was hesitating to downshift.

Sent it in and the ecu was reflashed. Has no issue now. I would head for the dealership and ask for the updated flash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts