Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
I just purchased a used 08 Tribeca, and the 30K service states that the spark plugs need to be replaced, is this really true? It is my understanding that Subaru uses iridium plugs, but I thought that those lasted 100K. Also, as a former rental vehicle, I suspect it may have been abused. Any recommendations on what service I should do to help minimise the damage/neglect (if any) due to 36K miles put on it in 1 year? Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm guessing that you are looking at a dealer printed service book not the Subaru manual. The factory info shows spark plug replacement at 60,000 miles.

You can go to mysubaru.com and look up the correct info yourself as well as add your VIN and track all the services.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Grain of salt...my dealer treid to sell me a 15K trans drain and fill...Subaru says not till 30K. Weasels. And they wonder why I do my own work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Our 07 was a fleet vehicle as well. So far we are just sticking to what the manual says for service. So far so good. Only have 22k on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.