Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter from SOA, as most know, the 2007 model adds some nice options to it.

-Chrome wheels
-Rear sensors
-Mesh grille

The moment I saw the rear sensor option, I knew the wife wanted it, so I left the letter on our countertop. So the wife comes home, and low and behold, she sees it. MSRP $269, anyone have any idea how much labor will be? Time to call my local dealership. This is a must have, she had it on her Explorer, and with rear visiblity as bad as the B9 is, we have to get this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Having just ordered a 2007, I can add to your list...

Rear camera as part of the Nav system
XM Radio (BTW, it is available alone or with the chrome mesh grill & chrome wheels as a package called the "Special Edition")
Remote starter
Memory seats are now standard.
A new rollover sensor that activates the side air bags is now standard
A new brake assist system is now standard.
A jack for your Ipod is standard with the premium sound system

The chrome wheels & chrome mesh grill are ONLY available in the SE package. At this point they cannot be purchased alone when ordering the vehicle, but might be available aftermarket. SE package is $1295 MSRP

You can read more here.

You can now request a 2007 brochure. I have one that I received prior to ordering mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah i knew there were more features on the 2007, but what i mentioned is what can be purchased for the 2006 now.
Gotcha. From the wording I took it to mean what was available for the 2007, even though you clearly talked about adding to your '06. :Dunno:.

My reading comprehension obviously needs improvement. :lol:

Peaty said:
Wheels and mesh grill can be had from the dealer now, just like the puddle lights that you could not get unless they were installed at the factory.

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=925
Wow, what a price diff. Ordered on a new car it is $1295 MSRP & purchased as Subaru parts it is $1650 - without the XM. Glad I ordered them on the car...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i called the dealer today, spoke w/ service, they had no idea what i was talking about. they told me its available on the 2007, but not on the 2006, i told him i knew that, but told him i got a letter from SOA informing me of these options for the 2006. i asked for the manager to call me tomorrow (today).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update: the dealer gives me a quote of 2 hours to install the sensors, i'm like wtf? i looked around, and subarugeninueparts.com has them for $214.00 plus shipping, wondering how hard it would be to install these things. these are a must for my wife.

·
449 Posts
I'm guessing these are the type with the buttons in the bumper where you need to drill holes. Could take some time to do it properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts