Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got an amazing deal on some winter tires that I'm hoping will fit the B9. They're 265/35/18, I see others using the same size but in 17's... can anyone help?:confused:
EDIT: 235/65/18's

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't fit. They will just be slightly wider on the rim and the profile will be a lot less... 35's!!! thats a low low profile. I am not sure of the calculations, but it may throw off your speedo slightly.

That definately sounds like an ultra high performance snow tire. Which brand? and how much are you paying?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
crazycanuck said:
On 17" steels I have 235/65/17's I don't think anyone is running 265/35/17's.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
oopsss...
reversed the numbers... typing away without looking they are 235/65/18's.
And I even typed it twice without noticing. can a mod edit the title to correct?

·
Registered
151 Posts
They should fit the rim, they may look a little small width wise, and
the overall height may be taller. Your best bet would be to check with
a tire retailer.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Eh, I wouldn't bother if it throws off the speedo that much. I'm no engineer, but would prolonged exposure to the improper radius affect the drive train or steering in any way?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna sell the tires... I've been looking for a set of winter rims for a while and found a set from a nissan 350z which are 18x8, 5x114.3 and 30mm offset - they're curbed a bit so are cheap.
How does the offset work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I dont see an issue with the speedo being off affecting any drive train or steering either. Outside of inaccuracy, I dont foresee an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts