Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Legacy GT. They all came with a 6 speed manual transmission. It is an awesome engine, but I don't think it would be good in the Tribeca. It burns high test and if you don't keep your foot out of it will burn plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The 06-07 tribeca also only took high octane and they have even worse mpg (18 mpg) than our LGT's (I've been getting 25 mpg with my '10. I'm ashamed, I just don't think I am driving it aggressive enough :)

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
After my first oil change I started getting 28 to 29. I even think I hit 30 once. Took it back to the dealer for a recall and told the mechanic and he said I wasn't driving it right.

Just got my Curt hitch for the Tribeca.

Sorry about going off topic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Therefore, the fact that the current H6 lives on, gives me hope that it will be replaced for year 3 or 4 of the newest Legacy/OB version with a new H6 that will debut on the new 7 pax: just as it happened with the current powertrain.

I really did not want to see a turbo in the 7 pax and now my fears are greatly alleviated. At the same time, I do not really hope that the new 7 pax will have any better off-road capability than the Tribeca, so the CVT should not be a concern.
You may get your wish - a new H6 on the Tribeca replacement! The timing would work out perfectly for its debut, from what I read.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/freshly-unveiled-2015-subaru-legacy-new-turbo-sport-model-downsized-six-cylinder-in-the-works/

41 - 47 of 47 Posts