Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
474 Posts
@apex1 different engineering_requirements, doooh...
STI is oriented towards "performance driving".
Tribeca is to try to get a piece of SUV market(soccer moms and alike slowpokes), while making subaru-ish car.
p.s. what does "weight distributed in cornering" mean? :D

·
Registered
2007 Tribeca Limited Special Edition
68 Posts
Meaning that using a set of swaybars from a car that weights 1000 lbs less expecting the weight distribution to be the same for the Tribeca as the STI. So, lets just say the STI weight ratio is 53/47 and the Tribeca is 60/40 assuming these bars do not cause much understeer or oversteer with STI then using them on a different weight ratio car, how does that change the slalom ability of the Tribeca? Maybe it corners with much less lean, but maybe it understeers a lot. After all the work changing the bars mounting to the Tribeca, can they be modified on so their spring rates can be changed enough to make these bars weight balanced. Usually buying aftermarket bars, they have adjustment holes in the end of the bars so you can change the spingrate to change the understeer/ oversteer balance.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
474 Posts
1) I am not familiar with STI weight distribution, but I weighted my tribeca(myself included) - 55/45. and you, most probably, sucked your thumb again to get those numbers anyway. quick googling says that 2018 sti is 60/40... but that's just one source.
2) your comparison is useless, because you do not have information about suspension geometry, motion ratios, suspension rates and, of course, earlier mentioned weight distribution...
nor do you have bodyshell torsional rigidity data, right? :))))))

21 - 24 of 24 Posts