Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before an after photos. Very happy with how the wheels look, especially with the white exterior. I went with the STI wheels because 1) They look kick ass and were the right color 2) The specs were identical to stock other than the additional .5" of wheel width. I liked the idea of keeping the wheels near factory spec to avoid complications.

I was able to switch the 255/55/18 tires from the stock wheels straight onto the STI set. Results in about 8 lbs of weight reduction per wheel. Not the lightest wheel, but still a big improvement over the 32ish lb stock wheels and they should prove to be durable.

https://imgur.com/a/ST3a2

https://imgur.com/a/sbIs7

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look great

I am definitely pleased with them. They weren't the cheapest option but they'll be in use for a long time, so I thought it was worth going for the ideal wheel.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think white is my favorite color on a Beca with the added bonus of being cooler in the hot summer sun. I am curious if you could tell any difference with the lighter wheels. I would think that 32 lbs. of unsprung and rotating weight would be noticeable.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I would say I noticed the wheel weight difference with our winter tire set - We're running 18x7 Lexus RX 5 spokes that supposedly weight around 21-22 lbs. Steering definitely feels lighter with the lighter wheels, but that was also with 225-60-18 tires, too. Acceleration was a touch better, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think white is my favorite color on a Beca with the added bonus of being cooler in the hot summer sun. I am curious if you could tell any difference with the lighter wheels. I would think that 32 lbs. of unsprung and rotating weight would be noticeable.
I would say I noticed the wheel weight difference with our winter tire set - We're running 18x7 Lexus RX 5 spokes that supposedly weight around 21-22 lbs. Steering definitely feels lighter with the lighter wheels, but that was also with 225-60-18 tires, too. Acceleration was a touch better, too.
Agreed, it was our favorite color as well. I traveled a long way to pick it up when I found it. The white exterior with dark wheels looks pretty awesome :)

As far as wheel weight, I would say there is slight perceivable difference. Like Wiscon_Mark said, slighter lighter steering and feels a little lighter on the feet. All by small margins though. Even with the stock tire size still in use, I honestly expected a more noticeable difference, but they look so good that I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I know this is a very old thread. I'm doing the same thing found some 2017 WRX wheels with what I think are the same offset and width. Everything fit ok no adjustments of spacers needed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts