Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Long time Subaru enthusiast, first time Tribeca owner. I just picked up a ‘12 Touring with a factory remote start, only to find out that when I try to engage the remote start, the alarm system goes off. Anyone had this issue, or could point me in the right direction??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe unlock it before you use the remote start?
Thanks for your comment! I’ve seen people make that suggestion before, how do the system react differently, locked versus unlocked?

I tried remote starting while unlocked, and the car seemed to respond better. No sounding alarm and it seemed like it turned on to accessory, no start, just cycling on and off from accessory.

I should mention that I need a new battery, current Subaru battery is marked 2017… though, it seems to start fine with the key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably an override so you can't remote start with the doors unlocked. It is probably done to keep people from accessing your car while you are using the remote start. For some reason your remote start is not disabling the alarm when activated. Here is a thread that might help you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing the link, helpful indeed.

My situation seems to be identical, as I am able to achieve a “remote” start with the key held in proximity to the ignition.

It appears I am stuck like the OP, as I purchased the Tribeca used and do not have the vehicle security ID.

If anyone has any other insight, it would be much appreciated. I will try to see what the local dealer has to say.

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am guessing that dealership should be able to provide you with security ID tags (for a fee, of course). Probably, some people in tuning scene have software to read it (not sure about it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts