Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have bought a new 2011 Tribeca and its equipment is quite weird. I am quite dissapointed.
It has the NAV screen but no navigation system. The trip computer and audio features are too simple (no mp3 info when playing)
It has Rear Entertainment System but no input for it. (Also no owners manual for this feature).
It has no tyre pressure monitor system (I thought it comes in all versions, but I was wrong).
It has no sign for passenger seat belt and passenger airbag detection.
It has no alarm system. No sound when locking doors.
I can not set to auto-lock doors when driving.
Windows and mirrors can not be used in key "acc" mode.
Audio memory stations can not be changed from steering wheel.

Is there any way to improve this equipment?
Is there any way to remove the "agree" screen? It is useless without a Navigation system.

Despite all the above, it is a nice vehicle. I hope I will enjoy it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It sound like you should drive back to the dealership and have the salesman walk you through the features again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done this, and he said that this is the only version for our market. Quite stange to take some nice features out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The most of your ''problems'' is usual to the tribecas...
First your screen is touchscreen?
You have the navi unit under drivers seat?If you dont have all this you dont have navi mp3 stereo..
Second the Rear Entertainment System have not input.
About the tyre pressure monitor system i am not sure if comes with screen..
There is not exist tribeca with sign for passenger seat belt and passenger airbag detection...
The alarm system is extra and no soynd when locking doors if you dont have alarm system.
No auto-lock doors when driving to tribecas...
Windows and mirrors can not be used in key "acc" mode is normal...
Audio memory stations can not be changed from steering wheel is normal to..
Bluetooth...extra...
Your tribeca is not ''limited edition''
Enjoy your H6 3.6..is enough...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the screen is touchscreen and it is a limited edition
Of course I enjoy H6 very much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bokos:

I live in Argentina. The Tribecas sold in Uruguay and Argentina are the same spec. They do not come with navigation System but can be retrofitted with Kenwood navigators that plug in behind the monitor and work perfectly well. I have the Kenwood KN-G510 but there are newer models. They all work well and are touch screen. You have to install the unit (very small and inexpensive) under any of the front seats and route the cable under the center console and behind the monitor, It is very simple, I did it myself but any audio installer can do it for you. The only issue is the sound. For unknown reasons if you want voice assistance you will have to feed the right, left and ground channels out of the connector in the back of the Kenwood unit into a separate set of speakers with their own amplifier. However sound will come out of the sound system when navigating and changing to any other display such as sound or info. There are several posts regarding this issue.
As for the DVD system, same thing in Argentina, the cars are delivered without the manual but I downloaded if from Subaru USA. The player is the same except that ours does not include a VIDEO button to switch from DVD to VIDEO input because our spec (which is the same as in Europe) does not allow us to do so. There is no auxiliary video and sound input in the back seat as in the US version although if you remove the small lid besides the lighter you will find a pre wired connector which I have not tried yet. In any case our remote control does not include the button to switch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi luisg,
do you have the wiring diagram or a picture of the left right for audio out for the G510?
i would be intereseted in seeing it. i have the usa spec with Nav and entertaiment. the audio for the nav is wired into the entertaiment sound. to listen to nav i have to be on aux audio. its ok since i also connected the garmin xm ant to the KN-g510.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi gsX95. Tomorrow I´ll post a diagram of the connections out of the KNA-G510 that allow me tu listen to the navigator through a separate set of amplified speakers.
Regards,
Luis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pin out of Kenwood KNA-G510 GPS

Please find attached a sketch of the Kenwood KNA-G510 white connector. This is the connector that is plugged to the GPS unit, not the round connector that is plugged to the rear of the TV monitor. To feed audio from the KNA-G10 to a separate amplified speaker or set of speakers I stripped a piece of shielded audio cable (two wires, one for left audio and one for right audio plus shield sorrounding the two wires). I soldered a pin to each of the two wires and a pin to the shield. Then I inserted the right audio pin into the cavity of the red audio wire in the connector, the left audio pin into the cavity of the white audio wire in the connector and the shield pin into the cavity of the sound ground wire in the connector. You have to insert the pins into the back of the connector, where the wires of the cable enter the connector. On the other extreme of the audio cable I soldered the wires to a 3,5 mm. stereo female jack. I bought an inexpensive set of amplified speakers with USB power cable with a 3,5 mm male jack. I fastened the speakers under the seats, plugged the 3,5mm. male jack to the audio cable described above and plugged USB adaptor into the power socket.Therefore the speaker are on only when the car is on or the ACC key is on.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.