Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
Nice review. I agree with much of what was said. It's a great vehicle, but just needs a little more legroom for the rear in order to better use both 2nd and 3rd rows at the same time. Access to the 3rd row is a little challenging for anybody larger than a 10-year-old.

Hopefully, if the Tribeca does get redesigned, they'll stretch it to give the needed legroom and easier access to the rear.

Subaru doesn't need to change it much to make it better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm happy for the back row to be kids only but has anyone noticed that the back row seat base is actually too long for most kids?
Shortening the seat bases by 3 inches would make the rear row much easier to use.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subaru needs to make it alitte bigger and add features like said in the article, power liftgate etc.. for the top price it is it should have all that

·
Registered
308 Posts
SimonD said:
I'm happy for the back row to be kids only but has anyone noticed that the back row seat base is actually too long for most kids?
Shortening the seat bases by 3 inches would make the rear row much easier to use.
I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. I did conclude that it would be more usable if the seat base sloped more. The front edge is only about 4 inches off the floor. More slope would make it more livable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You're right there. I put booster seats in the back row for my kids and their feet fall naturally on the front of the seat cushion rather than the floor.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ true. i leave the second row in the all the way back position and the leg room is great then and thats a reason why i also bought it b/c the leg room was soo great

·
Registered
146 Posts
If the they shorten the seat cushion, the message would be "for children only." That would reduce the market. Doubt they'll do it.

In the old days (writes the old guy) they often had the 3rd seat turned sideways. i'm sure you can't do that anymore.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My parents had a Mercury wagon that had opposing rear seats. I remember an old Chevy wagon that had a rear-facing rear seat. Did the gov pass legislation preventing those configurations?

·
Registered
134 Posts
drbrousters said:
If the they shorten the seat cushion, the message would be "for children only." That would reduce the market.
.....better than the reality which is "barely room enough for children".

There is no way that that the car will fit adults in the back on its current wheelbase. The market over here for a full seven seater is small. If you want to transport seven full size people you need a people carrier like the Renault Espace or Grand Voyager. SUVs will always be limited by their high floor and need to accomodate a rear diff.

I think it's fine the way it is, they just need to focus on reality rather than fantasy and make it a good place for kids. There was a lot more room in the rear row of our old Mazda 5 and that is based on a Ford Focus platform (not sure what you call it in the US).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not talking about reality. Just talkling about MARKETING. Subaru wants to continue the illusion that it is a 7 passenger vehicle.

I have seen 2 adults in the 3rd row seat (not mine). They said it was tolerable for short distances (specifically to go out to eat with friends and return).

·
Registered
146 Posts
SubieDriver said:
My parents had a Mercury wagon that had opposing rear seats. I remember an old Chevy wagon that had a rear-facing rear seat. Did the gov pass legislation preventing those configurations?
I don't know if they have passed legislation, but some consumer protection group would no doubt arrange it due to the type of strain it would put on people's neck -or some other nonsense. :headwall: I'm assuming this from the fact that there are no rear or side facing seats in any vehicles made today.

·
Registered
405 Posts
2 ADULTS IN THE 3RD ROW!

They must have been midgets, um sorry LITTLE PEOPLE is the politically correct manner of saying it. It took me 2 minutes just to conform my body to try and sit in one of those, what a joke. The CX9 has more room in row 3 but you will bump your head every time getting in row 1!

drbrousters said:
Not talking about reality. Just talkling about MARKETING. Subaru wants to continue the illusion that it is a 7 passenger vehicle.

I have seen 2 adults in the 3rd row seat (not mine). They said it was tolerable for short distances (specifically to go out to eat with friends and return).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts