Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I always wanted to get a Tribeca and finally picked one up recently. The car is 10 years old now and only has 56,000 miles. I'm still getting a feel for the car and comparing it to my other Subarus. I also have 2001 and 2008 Outback 3.0 LL Beans. So yes, that's 3 boxer 6's at my house. But this is my first 3.6L Subaru.

I'm getting ready to replace the struts and maybe a few other items because I like many others have a bit of knocking in the front end. I know the car only has 56,000 miles on the struts but I think the age plays a role as well.There is quite a bit more body roll than I have with my Outbacks. Hopefully some of that goes away with the new KYB struts.

I did all the items on the 60,000 mile service, including spark plugs. Not too hard to work on. I found it odd that I couldn't find a transmission filter on this model. Other H6's I've owned had them in the fender. I also installed the oem transmission cooler and a Curt hitch. The 2006-2010 hitch did not fit my car but the 2011-2014 one did.

Currently averaging 14mpg but hopefully that gets better.

Original tires are on the vehicle. I'd like to change them soon but Costco doesn't have many options for that size and what they have is like $1,000 for all four.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Nice car, great value I get!

Body roll - also look at the tires. Stiffer side wall tires will reduce this. I got Pirelli Scorpion from discount tire as a reasonable cost/ reasonable tire option.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts