Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an Email from Subaru informing me that the front door latch cables were improperly positioned.

They state the doors may come unlatched and to not roll down the front windows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Subaru Recall: WVO-25 2010 Tribeca Front Door Latch Cable

Dear Subaru Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Subaru of America, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2010 model year Subaru Tribeca vehicles.

DESCRIPTION OF THE SAFETY DEFECT
Subaru has determined that the door latch cables located inside your vehicle’s driver and front passenger doors were improperly positioned during production. As a result, a cable can catch in the door glass regulator when a window is opened or closed. Should that occur, it may unlatch the door, causing it to come open unexpectedly when you raise or lower the window.

DESCRIPTION OF THE SAFETY HAZARD
If a door were to unlatch, it could open suddenly and without warning. That poses a risk of occupant ejection as well as a risk that the driver may become distracted, leading to a crash. This condition may also result in the failure of a door latch to operate, in which case you will be unable to open the door to exit your vehicle.

REPAIRS
To correct this condition, Subaru will reposition and secure the latch cable in both front doors. This repair will be performed at no cost to you.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
You should immediately contact your Subaru Dealer for an appointment to have the door latch cable repositioned.

There are two important precautions you should take until this repair has been performed:
  • Do not operate the front door windows. This will eliminate the risk associated with this condition.
  • Always wear your seatbelt.
Please note that this condition can occur even if the doors are locked.

HOW LONG WILL THE REPAIR TAKE?
The actual time to reposition and secure both front door latch cables is approximately 30 minutes. However, it may be necessary to leave your vehicle for a longer period of time on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your dealer flexibility in scheduling.

Please present this e-mail to your Subaru Dealer at the time this repair procedure is performed.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE: To locate the nearest Subaru Dealer you can access our website at www.subaru.com and select “Find a Dealer”. If you need additional assistance, please contact us directly:
  • Telephone: 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783) Monday through Thursday between 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. EST and Friday between 10:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST.
  • E-mail: Go to www.subaru.com and select “Contact Us”.
  • U.S. Postal mail: Write us at Subaru of America, Inc.,
    Attn: CDS Department, P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000.
Please contact us immediately if the dealer fails or is unable to make the necessary repairs free of charge.

You may also contact the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE, West Building, Washington, DC 20590 or call the toll free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153) or go to http://www.safercar.gov if you believe the dealer has failed or is unable to remedy your vehicle without charge within a reasonable amount of time.

Your continued satisfaction with your Subaru is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your vehicle’s proper operation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause and urge you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible to have this repair performed.

Sincerely,
Subaru of America, Inc.
We respect your privacy and want you to know that we obtained your e-mail address from information you provided when visiting our site. We do not share e-mail addresses with any outside companies. If you would like to specify the types of e-mail messages you receive from us, or if you prefer not to receive any future e-mail messages from us, please click here.
Subaru of America, Inc., 2235 Route 70 West, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
(c) Subaru of America, Inc. | Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy | California Privacy Rights | Subaru.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
wow...go to dealer no biggie at all, btw gray limited 10 Tribeca....NICEEE! and those letters are meant to scare you..my wife has a 08 Volvo V70 annd they sent us a letter that the air conditionar coooler is leaking into the engines and will casue engine failure thus resulting to a crash...i was like oh this is nice...so just go straight to dealer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In due time I will get this done. If it has not failed in three months, I do not think it will fail soon. I work a nine eighty schedule and have next friday off. If Renick can do it Friday afternoon, I will do it then. If not then in three weeks.

I work close to Timmons but when I scheduled the 3000 mile oil change with them I was not happy. After making a firm apt, when I arrived, they said they were busy and I needed to schedule an apt.

They finally did it when I pointed out that I had an apt but I will not be back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only problem that I have had is that the Harmon Kardon audio caused the front door panels to buzz with any amount of bass. I removed the panels and lined them with Dynamat XL and that totally cured the problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I went to Renick today. Very nice people.

According to the work order the recall consisted of tywraping the cable out of the way. No big deal but I got a free car wash out of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problems on my own and the recall was strictly cya. I messed with the bolt holding the left front dash and got it to shift down somewhat.

This is in response to the the comment in my photo thread. I was happy before but the alignment is closer now.

In general, I LIKE MY TRIBECA!

·
Registered
630 Posts
oh your talking about how the door wasnt lined up with the dash right...well the fake chrome? I noticed that alot of cars arent lined up correctly and that seems to only be on the 2010s its off..maybe cuz they added more options? Did u move the door panel or how did u move the dash? lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you unclip the end panel there is a bolt that you can loosen with a very long extension. With it loose, I pushed it down slightly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not lined up but the same as the passenger side and much closer. I can live with the slight gap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts