Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've seen and sat in both. At the time, they were still Manufacturer Demos so no one was allowed to drive them. Insanely roomy and fit and finish was great. My gf loved the new Leggy and she somewhat contemplated trading in the B9 for a 2.5GT, but we are waiting to see the 3.6R.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was on vacation and i passed through freehold nj and i went to the dealer there and they had 1 new outback and 3 leggs, i liked the outback alot and yeah the 3.6R's are gonna be awsome

·
Registered
65 Posts
A CVT option on the 2.5i and framed windows? Looks like an 8 year old Audi A6 Avant at a glance. Not that that's a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
McGurk said:
A CVT option on the 2.5i and framed windows? Looks like an 8 year old Audi A6 Avant at a glance. Not that that's a bad thing.
Still not sure how I feel about CVT's.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've driven Nissan's CVT. Very smooth, no gear hunting especially on hills, but NOT exciting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
CVTs are continuously variable...hence the name;) Well they obviously don't have a set # of forward gears (ie: 4 or 5 speed tranny) so in theory a CVT transmission can keep the engine in the ideal RPM range for the driving situation and react quicker. Obviously that all depends on the programming of the unit...and most CVTs are programmed to err on the side of fuel economy by keeping engine RPMs lower but if you step on the gas, it should be able to nearly instantly lower the gearing to give you more grunt. Again, this all in "theory". If you get Subaru's "Drive" owner's magazine the latest issue (got one last week) has an article on the 2010 Leggys and Outbacks and a separate article just on the CVT which really explains how it works nicely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
they had a 2010 outback at my dealer a week or so ago when we bought our new Tribeca. i liked everything about the OB, except the interior trim on the one we saw. it was a limited and had the cheesiest fake wood trim that i think i've seen! of course that is just personal taste. the car had great fit and finish.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I drove the new Outback at my local dealer's "see the new 2010 car event. It is quite weird to accelerate and the engine is constantly at around 5000RPM, but the car keeps going faster and faster. It is much smoother than any automatic transmission could be.

The 2010 Outback is a nice step up from the older models. They finally made it taller which is nice for me since in the '02 Outback we have, I cannot sit up straight since I have a long torso. I drove the limited model, and did not like the gauges at all. Many car manufacturers are going with white or gray gauges with black letters which is completely the wrong way it should be.

It was smoother than the older Outback, and not a bad car. They will sell a lot of them. From what I have heard the GPS is a pretty good one, with Bluetooth, and voice recognition.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hmmm, didn't see a 2010 car event locally here. I want to drive the Leggy, but have no intention of buying anything for a few years.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
reedl said:
I drove the new Outback at my local dealer's "see the new 2010 car event. It is quite weird to accelerate and the engine is constantly at around 5000RPM, but the car keeps going faster and faster. It is much smoother than any automatic transmission could be.

The 2010 Outback is a nice step up from the older models. They finally made it taller which is nice for me since in the '02 Outback we have, I cannot sit up straight since I have a long torso. I drove the limited model, and did not like the gauges at all. Many car manufacturers are going with white or gray gauges with black letters which is completely the wrong way it should be.

It was smoother than the older Outback, and not a bad car. They will sell a lot of them. From what I have heard the GPS is a pretty good one, with Bluetooth, and voice recognition.
yeah the new outback is total luxury car.. yeah it was voice navi with bluetooth, back up camera i belive, auto up/down windows, teloscoping wheel, and i think they can have xenon HID lights...i was reading a review and they said HID lights?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
yeah the new outback is total luxury car.. yeah it was voice navi with bluetooth, back up camera i belive, auto up/down windows, teloscoping wheel, and i think they can have xenon HID lights...i was reading a review and they said HID lights?
When the demos first came out, the dealer told me no HIDs again!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I dunno why no HIDs given the car already has projectors...at least put them in the Limited or GT models!

Magic, I think the only place local to us to have the demo was Bill Kolb, Jr over in Rockland county...I got an email from them, but it was last month.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know they should have them...Nissan and Toyota have them..god. lol

you guys go to BillkolbJR..i got my B9 there and service it there

1 - 20 of 29 Posts