Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that finds it annoying how you can't put in city or street name you want? Mine blocks out letters and only allows input of certain names. The other day I couldn't put in 4 different large town names in my area! Is that some annoying setting I can't figure out b/c I'm too lazy to read that whole bible-thick manual? Or is it because its maps are outdated and it doesn't have enough city/street info stored? I would think on a 2010 it should have town names that have been there for 50+ years...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saw that before, not helpful so i had to repost for more possible answers. dealer confirms the right 'zone' (easter or whatver it's called). it finds a lot of local points, but missing a lot too compared to what my standalone tom tom has in it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Make sure you're dealer is talking about the zone and not the East/West disc which is equally important, but completely different. There is no eastern/central/western "zones" like timezones. The zones are more like batches of 4-5 states. Although you can still use the map outside of a selected zone, the system wont find most addresses or practically any POI's.

Unless the items you're trying to find are new (or you've got a really old version of the map data), You shouldn't have a problem. Look at your map DVD under the drivers seat to see what version of the software you're running.

·
Registered
191 Posts
navigation trouble

Mine system says my house doesnt exist. I have lived in the same spot for 23 years.

blocked out numbers,etc as previously mentioned.

the gps screen is good.

I am a new user of this naviagtion system but so far,both my tom tom and my sprint phone are way better.

I havent read the books in detail,but how hard does this have to be?

so far..i wouldnt pay extra for a nav system..

but otherwise..i love this tribeca.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts