Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Beca Limited (no nav) and am hoping for some upgrades/mods. I would like to add:
1. Remote start (not needing extra alarms, just a warmed up car)
2. Integrated satellite radio (has 'sat' button on controls but no sat function that I can tell). No extra boxes or buttons please.
3. Bluetooth integrated through car audio system. I have an android 'smart' phone

I live in frigid, rural Montana and have a commute to work. It is an all-highway obstacle course of deer/antelope, icy roads and glare, at full speed. But I love it. I don't have great vision (getting older sucks, so enjoy your youth, youngsters) and don't need a lot of cluttered electronics and buttons. I would prefer add-ons that work with my display panel and steering wheel controls as I need my eyes on the road. We are fairly good DIYers. I would be willing to upgrade to the nav if sat radio came with it but otherwise am satisfied without it. And, of course would like to do this in an economical way, plus my nearest dealership is over 100mi. Also, living here means local resources are often poor and price competition non-existent.

Please help a gal out with her Christmas list.......

·
Registered
679 Posts
...and don't need a lot of cluttered electronics and buttons.
Best bet for the first two of your requirements is likely OE items.

If you're pressing the "SAT" button (or paging through your sound-system's various modes by using the "MODE" button on the steering wheel) and your display does not read at least the "RADIO ID" or the Sirius advertisement, you'll need the actual module. MSRP is around $400, but street-price should be around $350 plus shipping. You'll want to double-check this part-number:
H621SXA100 .

This document should help you with installation, if that is indeed the right part number: http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/63791/pdf/063791-h621sxa100.pdf

The remote start is also likely most "neatly" integrated by using the OE accessory:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/63736/pdf/063736-h001sxa200.pdf

Again, I would encourage you to double-check the parts number before you order.

As for the Bluetooth, I'm not sure that audio functions from your SmartPhone can be integrated by using the Tribeca's BlueConnect system. I'll need to take a look at my BlueConnect manual to see.

This will also enable you to use your steering-wheel radio controls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts