Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a 2009 tribeca special edition and dropping in to say hello! good to see a forum out here that caters to tribeca owners and has a wealth of knowledge.

my previous vehicles were all modded to some extent and i've started with the obvious on the tribeca, wheels and tint. since the tribeca is primarily used for hauling the family i probably won't go the in depth extent of modding like past cars but we'll see... :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Here's my impression of the vehicle after about a week of ownership...

Has lots of interior space which comes in handy for the two kids, cargo space is good for hauling stuff, and the interior is just a nice place to be. The interior lighting accents are a small but appreciated thing. The dash really impresses as nice looking and well laid out.

Doesn't lack for power when I mash the go pedal and drives surprisingly well too, no wobbly motions or feeling like it's going to tip over. The brakes stop well enough but the pedal feel could be better. Will be looking for ways to improve that at some point.

The standard features are already good and it looks like the SE package added leather, 6 disk changer 9 speaker audio , roof rack, rear cargo mat and cargo cover. The nav system would have been nice but only for the park assist camera since I prefer aftermarket nav. No sunroof but never used it much in my previous cars so it wasn't a deal breaker.

I cross shopped and test drove the MDX, highlander, and the murano, but the tribeca was the best used value out there all things considered. Mine happens to be a vehicle that was originally purchased for fleet use and then sold back. It had less than 100 miles on the od when I got it, so I got a virtually brand new vehicle for used car price that is still under factory warranty for a while to boot. :)

Hardly see any of these on the road, but I like the exclusivity...and the looks when people pull up and wonder what is that? A Subaru? :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts