Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just picked up a 2009 and the upper display doesn't show the radio stations. When I start the car the display goes through its regular start up. Is this a common problem?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Even under "Audio" on the display?

Do you have the regular Multi-Function Display or the Navigation system?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Your display may be dead for the top. You should pop the radio out just in case to make sure all the connections are in, its possible someone took a parrot or other system out and forgot to reconnect all the wires.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely do what FLSubies suggested first. Luckily, replacing screens is fairly easy if you can find a replacement in a junkyard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. Is there a write up on howto remove the upper screen and radio faceplate? I have been searching this site and most information is for the 2006-2007 Tribecas

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought a 2009 Tribeca with same issue...Short story, I've removed the display, disconnect and reconnect it, and noticed that if I move the socket it will show the radio station/ cd playing... I've put everything back and it works. Probably one of the pins in the socket is dirty or doesn't connect like it should. Hope this is usefull for somebody before buying a new display.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2009 Tribeca has the same issue shown in @Rising_Sun's photo. I have noticed that when turning on the car the top section DOES display (I think it says Welcome), so I know the display itself isn't bad. The display is very intermittent on my Tribeca, most of the time it doesn't display. Now I need to get to the connectors and see if there's a connection issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From time to time, mine shows ERR, doesn't bother me too much, cause after a slap it gets back to normal :D. Anyway, more than a year ago I went to a scrap yard and got myself a spare display, just in case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Subaru Tribeca and my navigation will turn on when I turn the key over and then it goes black can anybody help me out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts