Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Tribeca
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I bought a low mileage 2008 tribeca recently.The car is in great condition except the reverse Camera.
When I put the gear in Reverse nothing changed in the display.(display working fine other than camera )
Previous owner told when she bought from dealer they showed how to turn on the camera but she forgot the method.
Does anyone know what to do turn on?
Is there a hidden switch or tricks to activate ?

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
congratulations! 76k miles - is really low!
about inability to turn on camera - take owners manual and read it first. if that camera is operated by some switch on/off (most probably in some settings, but my Tribeca does not have color display, so... I am not going to read owners manual for you. if you will read and find (or don't) - I am willing to look at wiring diagrams to suggest what to check.

·
V6er Version 2
343 Posts
I

Unfortunately it didn’t come with manual .
I tried googling but found nothing related to camera setting
I will check where I downloaded mine and give you link or upload it somewhere... wait a minute.

·
Registered
2008 Tribeca
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
congratulations! 76k miles - is really low!
about inability to turn on camera - take owners manual and read it first. if that camera is operated by some switch on/off (most probably in some settings, but my Tribeca does not have color display, so... I am not going to read owners manual for you. if you will read and find (or don't) - I am willing to look at wiring diagrams to suggest what to check.
Thank you bro

·
V6er Version 2
343 Posts
well... 5pages, to be exact, but that's not the point.

anyway - I don't see anything about switching it on/off neither in software(owners manual), neither in hardware(in wiring diagrams).
so
1) it is possible that the rear view camera is NOT oem (some kind of aftermarket).... which is whole another can of worms.
2) IF it is OEM - I would grab wiring diagram, multimeter and oscilloscope and look at signals.
how good/bad are you with mentioned tools?
or if you are good with, at least, multimeter - you can check, at least, wiring first. that way, if you eliminate wiring - may be your camera itself has died.

again - I am not sure how much are you able to do yourself, but you can also take pictures of your ICE head unit and camera.
also - you can remove tailgates internal paneling and check is everything ok visually and also take pictures. (that's what I would do).

·
Registered
2008 Tribeca
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well... 5pages, to be exact, but that's not the point.

anyway - I don't see anything about switching it on/off neither in software(owners manual), neither in hardware(in wiring diagrams).
so
1) it is possible that the rear view camera is NOT oem (some kind of aftermarket).... which is whole another can of worms.
2) IF it is OEM - I would grab wiring diagram, multimeter and oscilloscope and look at signals.
how good/bad are you with mentioned tools?
or if you are good with, at least, multimeter - you can check, at least, wiring first. that way, if you eliminate wiring - may be your camera itself has died.

again - I am not sure how much are you able to do yourself, but you can also take pictures of your ICE head unit and camera.
also - you can remove tailgates internal paneling and check is everything ok visually and also take pictures. (that's what I would do).
Bro thanks for the detailed Information but I’m not gonna DIY as I’m not so good with those tools.
It’s OEM
I have scheduled full service including ATF with my mechanic tomorrow.
I will let you know if they can figure out what’s going on..

·
V6er Version 2
343 Posts
get sump and fender filters BEFORE your visit. atf replacement is good, but filters are important too...

and yes - tell us how it goes. experience of others helps us all :)

·
Registered
2008 Tribeca
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
STILL NOTHING!!!
My mechanic did a thorough inspection and couldn’t identify the problem….
He confirmed there is no blown fuse , camera in working condition, wires are intact …
Advised me to go any Subaru dealer because it might be due to software issue ..

Regarding the service…
All filters replaced
Engine oil
ATF was in great condition(no Metallic residue ).. I told him to change it anyways ..
Flushed coolant
Brake job etc..

All hope with the dealer now !!
Thanks mate ..

·
V6er Version 2
343 Posts
yeah... I have done that some time ago - went to UK (all inclusive) to help buddy of mine with a car :DDDD
But haven't recieved compareable offers recently :DDDD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts