Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Looks good...from the avatar anyway:) Post up what options, accessories you got as well. Also did you import yours from the states? I've read a few people doing that on here, I guess you can save some big bucks for your troubles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys!

Yea, the diamond grey seems to be very popular!
I would have gone black if it were not for the tan interior.
We have kids so tan wasn't a good option. I didn't quite like the tan dash parts either. If black came in slate interior that would have been perfect.

Ah well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snork said:
Looks good...from the avatar anyway:) Post up what options, accessories you got as well. Also did you import yours from the states? I've read a few people doing that on here, I guess you can save some big bucks for your troubles.
We didn't import (well kinda), we found a dealership that did and bought from them. They charged US MSRP (no haggling) so we saved a ton. Could have saved a bit more if we did the legwork ourselves but we took the really easy way out.

7 Seater Limited package. No options other than that.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Great to see another Beca on the road (even if it's not in the U.S.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm supposed to be picking up my 7-pass limited this weekend. Its my wife's ride so she chose the deep bronze. I just hope the tan interior won't get too messed up since I have a 1 year old. We are leasing since we are waiting for the diesel models to come.

The options we are getting are reverse assist, auto-dimming mirror/compass, rear bumper cover, splash guards, remote start.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice Lee. Where r u located, I'm guessing Maryland from ur name? Tan interior never bothered me, IMHO it hides general dirt/sand/lint better, but can make stains more visible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lee MD said:
I'm supposed to be picking up my 7-pass limited this weekend. Its my wife's ride so she chose the deep bronze. I just hope the tan interior won't get too messed up since I have a 1 year old. We are leasing since we are waiting for the diesel models to come.

The options we are getting are reverse assist, auto-dimming mirror/compass, rear bumper cover, splash guards, remote start.
I too wanted to get my '08 7 LtD in Black but because of the Tan interior we opted for the Diamond Gray because the dealership dropped off a brand new black 7 seater for me to look at after test driving a 5 seater and the Tan leather was stained. I saw that to be a potential future issue so went with the darker interior. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Maryland in the DC suburbs. Just updated my profile.

What can stain leather? I assume oils and such, but I can't think of any foods that would. I'm sure there's a leather cleaning product out there that will get stains out when I eventually get them.

Btw, the deal on the Tribeca could fall through if the dealer doesn't give me a better price. I'd hate to have to drive up to PA to get a car in the color my wife wants. I hate buying cars!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, mostly oils and such which will ultimately attract and suck in more dirt. Generally, I'm not so much concerned about the leather, but rather the light colored carpet which will show stains more easily and is harder to clean.

Sorry to hear about your dealer troubles. I'd recommend configuring what you want on carsdirect.com or edmunds.com and print it out and bring it to the dealer. May not be the absolute best price, but it will be fair. If you also want a Subaru angle, also try configuring at www.bkcars.com, which is the local dealer here in lower NY that I went to. They have no haggle pricing which offer pretty good deals IMHO and you can configure all the options you want right online. Don't forget to check the box for freight charges also, as that's a legit extra that could skew your final cost low by $625.

Also FYI, from everything I've scene and read, 08 Tribecas are selling for right around invoice, only +- a couple hundred dollars.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Lee MD said:
I'm in Maryland in the DC suburbs. Just updated my profile.

What can stain leather? I assume oils and such, but I can't think of any foods that would. I'm sure there's a leather cleaning product out there that will get stains out when I eventually get them.

Btw, the deal on the Tribeca could fall through if the dealer doesn't give me a better price. I'd hate to have to drive up to PA to get a car in the color my wife wants. I hate buying cars!
Out of curiousity, what kind of numbers is the dealer giving you that may turn the deal sour?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lee MD said:
I hate buying cars!
Can be a bit of a challenge buying cars, but just be patient and not in a rush, you should do great.

DC Maryland area have Fitzmall. A great place to start at figuring out buying cars. They are often better than most. That's a place I always start with to get a gauge on what a good price is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Picked up the Deep Bronze Tribeca this morning. It didn't go very smoothly. I did a once-over on the car and noticed that the interior plastic panel on the left rear wheel well was seperated a bit from the rubber weather stripping. It is something anyone would have spotted. The dealer was making it out to be no big deal and that they would order a replacement panel. Whats frustrating is that they had 3 days to prep the car and they never saw it. Also, the leather was noticeable dirty in several areas. The salesperson and I wiped down the seats and they were completely dirty. I thought dealers were supposed to detail cars before delivery. Granted, this car was traded with another dealer, but aren't they supposed to check it out? I expressed my disappointment in these things, but they brushed it off. What really pissed me off is that they didn't even offer any sort of apology for these oversights. The dealer is about 45 minutes away so its a pain to have to go back and get the panel fixed. They basically said take it or leave it. The worst was that the salesman was a real a-hole. Walked away from me when I calmly expressed my dissatisfaction over the the panel and the dirty leather. Complained that it was impossible to make me a happy customer. I was so close to walking out of the dealer, but they had the absolute best deal I could get in the DC area and my wife was tired of waiting.

A little bit of history...I originally contacted the dealer about a Gray Tribeca with reverse sensors and an auto-dimming mirror + other options. They offered a great price. Ok. Then I asked the salesman on the phone to search for a blue or bronze (wife's favorites) that had at least the rev sensors and auto-dimming mirror. I made it clear these option had to be factory installed. Next day I get a call that the dealer that had the gray was willing to trade. Ok. Later, the salesman calls me and says they got a blue. I asked if it had reverse sensors factory installed. He said no. What the? So that's when things start going downhill. The dealer said they could install it, but the price would be higher than the gray that had them factory installed. I told them no thanks. That's not what I had requested. A week later I hear back that they found a gray that was identical to the original one we discussed. I check out where the car is located and also happened to come across bronze Tribecas with the rev sensors and auto-dim mirror factory installed. I let the saleman know about the bronzes I found since the color was my wife's favorite. Next email I get is the sales maneger telling me that its probably best for us to part ways. WHAT??? Of course I'm pissed. He didn't think that there was anything they could do to make me a happy customer. Confused and fuming, I tell my wife to call and see what happened. Turns out the sales manager was concerned that I would give the dealer a bad review when I'm given the post-purchase satisfaction survey. My wife smoothens things out by agreeing to give them top marks. So they go get the bronze...

Of course I'm still getting quoted from other dealers just so I have ammo when it came time to haggle. I wanted the dealer to add splash guards and a rear bumper cover. The price they came back with was a couple hundred dollars higher than the original gray that had the same options, but factory installed. They wouldn't budge, so I said screw it. Don't install them. The sales manager seemed incensed when we told him. So things were getting strained again...

Sorry if I rambled. Its all still fresh in my mind and I'm still annoyed. I don't think I was being that pushy. When I get that survey, I will trash the salesman for being a complete jerk.

As for the Tribeca, just wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. Other than that, its nice. A lot easier to put the baby in her carseat.

I tried working with Fitz, but they couldn't get close to the price. I wish they were more aggressive since their dealer is 10 minutes from my house.

I got the 7-pass limited Tribeca with the reverse sensors, auto-dim mirror and remote starter (dealer installed) for $30,645. Invoice was $30,090 without the remote start. I bought all weather mats, rear bumper cover and puddle lights too. Had a 20% coupon. Same prices as subarugenuineparts.com after the discount.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wow, that is quite a story. If it was me, I would have just walked away from it and contacted SOA and told them about it. Was the deal that good from other dealers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just edited my post. Got the car for a price no one could match. I would've walked away, but we sold our other car yesterday.

I'm calling SOA and the dealer general manager on Monday. Someone's head is gonna roll.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lee MD - Which dealer

Lee MD -

Would you mind indicating the name of the dealer or at least the city they are located in? I am looking at the Tribeca and interested in getting the best price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
fmayberry said:
Lee MD -

Would you mind indicating the name of the dealer or at least the city they are located in? I am looking at the Tribeca and interested in getting the best price.
Where are you located? If closer to Philly, go to Rafferty Subaru and ask for Andre. I would've gone there, but its a hike. PM me about where I bought my Tribeca.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tough call. Yep, I certainly would have walked away from that. Too bad you were in a rush to get a car, it makes car buying tons more stressful. But looks like you came out ok, which is a very good thing.

Lee MD said:
Where are you located? If closer to Philly, go to Rafferty Subaru and ask for Andre. I would've gone there, but its a hike. PM me about where I bought my Tribeca.
So you travel back and forth from here (Philly) to DC a lot, or are you an import?

·
Registered
27 Posts
njjuliano said:
Tough call. Yep, I certainly would have walked away from that. Too bad you were in a rush to get a car, it makes car buying tons more stressful. But looks like you came out ok, which is a very good thing.
Yeah, I should've held onto my wife's old car (Jetta) until the deal was done, but my quote from Carmax was going to expire today. I didn't have time to buy the Tribeca and sell the Jetta.

njjuliano said:
So you travel back and forth from here (Philly) to DC a lot, or are you an import?
I don't travel. I know about Rafferty because I did a 150 radius search for the car we ended up buying.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts