Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the new '08 STi BBS's, so I picked up a set for the 'beca. I shod them with Nitto 420S tires (420, A, A) in 255/55/18 (stock size). I really like the tires. They handle really well and road noise is very low, and price was great, about $115 each from Discount Tire Direct.

Here's the only pic that I have right now. I'll try to get some more one I clean the car.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice. I'd bet bronze rims would look pretty good on our Newport Blue Pearl. Too bad no garage for extra winter rims.

·
Registered
60 Posts
singincanary said:
offset is 55. i have no rubbing issues whatsoever

these would be pretty pricey winter rims.
Question answered, thx. I picked up a set of the 08 standard STI wheels for the wife's 'Beca. I saw the 55 offset & was worried about rubbing issues w/that wide 8.5 inch wheel. I'll post pics after they're installed, they look great resting next to it & really change its look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
DubyaSTI said:
The BBS's look better then the standard 5 spoke STI wheels...but that wheel well is begging for a 20" rim.
I love the BBS's on STI's, but not 100% sold on the way they look on the Beca. I like the look of the 5 spokes better on the Beca. Not to mention, the BBS's were alot more moolah & I got a screaming deal on the 5 spokers (800 for new wheels w/new tires :tup: ). Ended up selling the tires for 500 to fellow STI guy. So it worked out to be a great deal to put nicer wheels on the little lady's Beca. I take the Beca off road for hiking, biking, etc, so I really prefer the smaller wheel & larger tire combo.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really loke the way the 5 spokes look on the car. I was going to go that route, but I love gold wheels on a subaru.

I hear what you are saying about the smaller wheel and thicker sidewall. Especially considering the price of 20" rims and tires. We are actually running a -1 winter tire/rim. I picked up a set of '05-'07 sti bbs's (17" in gold of course) and installed a 235/65/17 hankook icebear tire. I really wanted a thinner tread to help with winter traction, and going to a 17" tire saved me $400, the cost of the wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its funny how the 17"ers fit. You look at the 18"ers mounted & doesn't look like the 17"ers would clear. The Beca is driven 98% by the wife & she definately doesn't like the stiff sidewall ride associated w/the 20+ers. Thats good for me 'cause that gives me more spending money for my toys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts