Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the plunge and bought the 2008 Tribeca Limited from Bill Kolb Subaru in Orangeburg NY. They had a nice selection and good prices:tup: , if anyone is shopping in the NY/NJ/PA area for a new(er) Suby it's worth checking out.

We unfortunately didn't realize that it was supposed to come with a remote to control the DVD (or headsets for that matter) :tdown: but maybe after networking here a while, we'll find a way to pick one up (cheap?) or figure out a universal option.

I have not used much of the accelerator pedal yet, but it feels promising.
We live in northeast Pennsylvania where the terrain and weather has always tested vehicles thoroughly. I look forward to reading and reporting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...that's odd. We bought our 07 Tribeca there last year with the RSE DVD player. They gave us a pair of brand new headsets and a new remote with ours (I had to peal the plastic off of them). Perhaps it was because ours was a demo car? I dunno...probably worth at least a call back to your salesman to see if they will either give you a set or at the very least discount them.

Also FYI, they are normally stored in the trunk under the rug by the jack and tire changing tools (there's a nice foam tray under there). If you haven't looked there yet, you may be in for a surprise hopefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already glad to be here.

snork said:
probably worth at least a call back to your salesman
Good call snork! We contacted Jeff and he's going to send us the remote and headsets in the mail. The kiddies will be happy; we were able to run Madagascar 2 that autoplays from the menu and thankfully the system is working. They have been begging to watch Cars in the car - kids!

Brien, Thanks for the welcome. I'm already glad I'm here!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Glad to hear they took care of you. They had the largest selection of used Subarus and the lowest prices, the only thing I didn't appreciate is that they nickled & dimed us for 2 key-fob remotes because ours was a manufacturer's demo and they claimed to not have received them with the car. I know it was an actual demo b/c carfax had ZERO history of the car and the state of NJ even gave me a NEW car 4-yr registration since it had never been titled before. I didn't argue b/c they wanted $2k less than every other comparable dealer in the area so we still got a good deal IMHO:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts