Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently scored a 2007 Tribeca for my son with 75K on it! Love the car but it has some strange issues.
The AC works and blows cold when set to 65 deg and when move it 66 deg the compressor stops and it blows hot air.
I checked the Freon and shows the pressure is good with on one of those auto parts store cans.
Has anyone had similar issue? Could it be something in the dash temp controller?

·
Registered
138 Posts
what happens upwards from 66?
if my crystal ball needs to be used - there might be something wrong with dial itself or temperature/pressure sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok , went out am messed with it. It just keeps blowing heat after 66deg, but only on the drivers side. The passenger side seems to have a linear control of temperature even with the drivers side blowing heat. There must be something wrong with the sensor or that control knob on the drives side. What do you think?

·
Registered
138 Posts
umph... there are two knobs - left for drivers side, right for passengers side. tell again - what were you doing and what was happening.
if you were adjusting left side temperature and it should have been blowing cold air, but blows hot - then some flap inside ventilation channels must be "confused" :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drivers side will switch from AC to full blast heat at 66 deg regardless of what the passengers side is set to .

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Has the system been evacuated, vacuum pulled, and then charged by weight? Do you have access to low and high pressure gauges?

Could be a temp sensor as mentioned.

Is it ice cold at 65? What is the temperature at the vents?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would put my money on some stuck/broken/whateverhappened flap inside instrument panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The system has never been evacuated and recharged. I don't currently have access to low and high pressure gauges, but I could get them. The AC at 65 is blowing ice cold.
I noticed today that when the climate control off it blows hot air. I am beginning to think it is a flap issue as V6er mentioned. Does anyone have a picture or link on how to get to the flaps inside the dash? I think I should dig into the dash and check them.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
I am gonna go with low charge. External verification is a good idea. Whatever gets it fixed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
if there would be low charge - it would work while trying to put, say 70 degrees, but wouldn't work with lower ones. not other way around, but, anyways - measure pressure in system is good thing.

about flaps etc - Screenshot and Screenshot and Screenshot and few suggestions from FSM - Screenshot
but, probably, better idea would be get FSM and read what's there yourself - good starting point, imo.

·
Administrator
692 Posts
Yeah V6er and I are betting over pink slips on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts