Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all

a private party is offering an 85K mile 2006 Tribeca Limited for $10500. It looks and drives well. What do you think of this price? There is an extended subaru warranty for up to 100K miles.

Should I take it?
Is this a lot of miles? I do not drive often.
Should it I have it inspected given the warranty?
If yes, what should I pay extra attention to?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Hope I a become a Tribeca owner :)

·
449 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, although the Tribeca has only been around since 06' Subarus in general last a long time with proper maintenance. One thing you want to do is look on line at say auto trader, Edmund's and KBB to get an idea what they are going for to see if that is in the ball park. I suspect it is but have not checked. As for what to look for, you really should take it to a garage you trust and let them do a once over. Ours is about to tick over at 60K miles and we haven't' had any issues other than the front sway bar bushings clunking. I swapped them out last night myself. Cost was under 15 bucks for the parts and about 30 min of my time. So when you take a test drive listen (and kind of feel) for a slight clunking over bumps (small bumps like an uneven road surface) coming from what you may think are the front struts.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
^^Agreed w/ Peaty. Check around to see how much a B9 is worth in your area. Having the extended warranty is a good thing. Is it the Classic or Gold Plus warranty?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.