Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Subaru, but what Dumbo decided to put wiper arms on it that doesn't use standard wiper blades? After shaking my head I came up with a permanent solution so that I can use standard J-Hook wiper blades.

Here are the parts I bought:

Wiper Arms
Subaru PN: 86532SC110
Subaru PN: 86532XA26A

Wiper Arm Caps
Subaru PN: 86538AG04A
Subaru PN: 86538FG000

I put the wiper arms in a vise and VERY slightly tweaked them to get the wiper blades to lie in the same place as the stock ones. By default they were just barely tilted and probably wouldn’t be noticed, but it was so easy to tweak the arm, I did so. I can now use standard J-Hook wiper blades and popular size wiper blade refills.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also went with 24 inch (driver side) and 20 inch (passenger side) wiper blades, which worked great for where the new arms put the blades at. My wife is 5'1" and I am 5'10", and we can see great with that size of blades.

·
Registered
837 Posts
So we now have 3 different options for updating the wonky wipers.

Legacy wiper arms 2010+
Tribeca 2008+
Forester 2009-2013

I would bet any subaru wiper arm will fit, lol! Thanks for the addition to the site it is always nice to find more options to the wiper nuisance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2009 Tribeca

I have an 09 and the wipers are one of the things I dislike about it. Why would they design the drivers side bigger? I have had no problem finding the refills but it would be great to buy all weather blades

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have an 09 and the wipers are one of the things I dislike about it. Why would they design the drivers side bigger? I have had no problem finding the refills but it would be great to buy all weather blades
Grind down the arm to the necessary size and coat it with some rustoleum paint. That is what I did on our 07 after purchasing the 08+ wiper arms.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I get arm from 05 Outback on junk yard for 3$.
I also thought to grind original arm and paint.Or cut out original hook and weld another hook from right size.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was just confronted with this issue. I bit the bullet and bought OEM insert for driver side. Not the most elegant solution by Subaru.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was a tad the local dealer today and it looks like Subaru is joining the 2000s by going to solid aero blade style wipers. Both the Legacy and BRZ had them.
PS That BRZ looks like a sweet little ride....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts