Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,
I have read through all of the posts in here and it seems that there is an issue with the transmissions on these vehicles. We are going back to the dealer for the nth time again to see if they can get it fixed. The latest excuse (we have tried the higher octane fuel, ECM flashing, TCM flashing, etc, etc.) is that there are two drivers of the vehicle. If anyone has some new information, please pass it onto me so I can arm myself as much as possible before Friday.

All help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Regards,
Bigfeet

Edited to add: There is only 42k on the vehicle. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The only thing bad about the trans is its inability to down shift faster when you need to climb a hill or pass on the highway. Everyone knows about it including all the service people that I have spoken to at our local dealership. It's just a quirk of 06-07 and it really can't be fixed...unless you buy an 08+.

We've run 93 in it since inception and SOA never came out with a TSB for the trans issue. So I'm not sure what else your dealer can do for you. Although keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought an 08 with 31K on it and I've noticed it shifts rather hard at low speeds from first two second, like when you're moving between two close speed bumps. There's no odd sounds, just a definitive "thump" as it shifts. Is that normal?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Change the tranny filter asap. mine shifts awsome after filter change. Filter get clogged and starves fluid.
How many miles was on your Beca when you changed the tranny filter? Supposed to be a lifetime filter unless the tranny is rebuilt no? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
837 Posts
No it is supposed to be "inspected" periodically during routine maintenance, it is a spin-on type filter like an engine oil filter.

BTW a good transmission tech can take a ride with you with their vehicle diagnostic hooked up and tell you what if anything is going on with the trans that needs to be checked. Chances are it is just the 5eat being itself, a relearn may be in order. You can disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it. The tcu will then redetermine your driving pattern and calibrate line pressure and shift points accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.