Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just wondering if anyone else on here has ever had issues with their brakes? i have a limited 06 b9 tribeca with 31,000 miles... at about 22,000 miles the front rotors had to be resurfaced, according to the dealer they were warped... at about 26,000 miles they started to vibrate the steering wheel alot so they were replaced with new once... now at 31,000 they are begining to start vibrating at highway speeds... anyone has any comments? i dont drive through water and when i wash the car i wait atleast 20 mins to allow the rotors to cool... i cant keep changing rotors so often... :mad:

·
Registered
214 Posts
These rotor/brake issues have been around with Subaru. From braking styles, to inadequate size of rotor/pads. I had some issues on my Outback 02. Had the brakes replaced on all 4 (I dont remember if they replaced or resurfaced the rotors) at 7k. They started again at 35k, and by that time, it wasnt covered anymore. I used Hawk pads, and some average rotors, and have not had issues with them.

There was an article on changing the way you brake, with not keeping the pressure on braking from start to finish, where you let up a bit before full stop to dissipate some heat. I didnt have to when I changed the pads. It just seems the OEM are just weak.

Are brakes covered in the warranty for the 3/36?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I drive very aggressive and brake hard. At 9000 miles on my 07 I have no issues yet. When I'm stopped I keep just enough brake pressure to keep it from moving to try and prevent pad deposit on the rotors. Also, do you properly torque the wheels?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got my rotors!

hi guys... i finally got my rotors from r1concepts and my hawk performance hps pads yesturday by ups... here is a pic.. iam getting them installed this saturday!.. i will keep posting as miles proceed..

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hamlet305 said:
hi guys... i finally got my rotors from r1concepts and my hawk performance hps pads yesturday by ups... here is a pic.. iam getting them installed this saturday!.. i will keep posting as miles proceed..
:(
No pics?

·
Registered
107 Posts
06... bought dealer demo with 1.5K.. noticed light vibration on highway while breaking. Dealer re-surficed rotors. Now 13K... same issue again... Need to upgrade to slotted/drilled. Anybody upgraded?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hamlet305 said:
hi guys just wondering if anyone else on here has ever had issues with their brakes? i have a limited 06 b9 tribeca with 31,000 miles... at about 22,000 miles the front rotors had to be resurfaced, according to the dealer they were warped... at about 26,000 miles they started to vibrate the steering wheel alot so they were replaced with new once... now at 31,000 they are begining to start vibrating at highway speeds... anyone has any comments? i dont drive through water and when i wash the car i wait atleast 20 mins to allow the rotors to cool... i cant keep changing rotors so often... :mad:
Well... hate to say.. But, If I was diagnosed with something..heck, with anything.. I'm gunna get a second opinion. If your under warranty try another dealer.
Rotors are not the only thing that causes a shimmy and a Shake when braking. Here is a short list of other causes.. Wheels Balanced? Wheels need Alignment? Sticky caliper? Tires are same brand/model? Improperly broken in brake pads? Pads properly Shimmed in Caliper? Rotors Broken in before spirited driving/braking?

Now, are you getting vibration during driving alone, when braking or both? When exactly does it occur?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andrey said:
06... bought dealer demo with 1.5K.. noticed light vibration on highway while breaking. Dealer re-surficed rotors. Now 13K... same issue again... Need to upgrade to slotted/drilled. Anybody upgraded?
I upgraded to Centric cryo-treated rotors. I have heard mixed reviews of slotted and drilled rotors. The slotted supposedly wear out the pads faster. The drilled removes material and could result in cracking. But cross-drilled should help remove heat. I figured I would try high end cryo-treated first. Still way to early to say if they will avoid warping as the rotors wear down to their minimum specifications.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've bought steel braided lines, looking into Akebono ceramic pads and slotted rotors. How do you like Cryo? I've read nice things about them but I think they are VERY expencive. How much did you pay and where? thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is too early to judge the rotors but they looked and felt impressive. They weren't too expensive. I got them on Amazon along with Akebono ceramic pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts