Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've owned my B9 Tribeca since November of 2006, so it's a little over a year. But here is my review. BTW, it isn't the limited model, but I would get the limited model if I could do it all over again.

I live in Nebraska, when I got here I was in the market for something with 7 passengers and AWD for the winters here. I have a family of 4 but my mother-in-law and her son, who is only a year older than my oldest son, moved out here too. Anyways, after lots of searching, the Suby fit the part perfectly!

I love the styling the B9. My coworkers call it a alien spacecraft. I just tell them their jealous they don't drive a luxury SUV. I've now been through 2 winters with it and it does AWESOME in the snow. Anything that the Nebraska Winter has thrown, the Suby has performed remarkably! I haven't gotten stuck and I have actually pulled a few people from ditches that were stuck. I have NO problems getting around even on the stock tires. And if I want to have a little fun in a big parking lot, or around corners, I just turn the traction control off. The heated seats and remote start are GREAT too in the winter.

I recently took it on a trip to South Carolina. 1000mile road trip. We bought some Walmart TVs to strap on the head rest that have built in DVD player. Worked GREAT! My 2 kids in the back behaved great since they were able to watch all the cartoons and movies that they wanted. Plus all my luggage fit in the back with room to spare. I really could have used some navigation, but we were able to pilot our way there with some mapquest printouts. I averaged 24mpg all the way there with the SUV completely loaded down.

On the way back, we had gotten a GPS as a gift. It worked great and now I have the TV's and GPS! Only think I'm missing now is a subwoofer and chrome rims, then I'd pretty much have a limited. haha. I averaged 24mpg again. I wish they didn't have this e10 crap gas out here in the midwest then I'd be able to get gas mileage like that. I average about 19-21 here.

The only thing I think I can complain about is I really wish it had mudflaps. That way all the salt and crap in the winter wouldn't get thrown all up the sides of it.

I also plan to get a tow kit installed, NOT the factory one, I'm going to put a nice aftermarket one on. I will get the factory transmission cooler installed though. That way I can tow the cobalt to the track, in case it breaks. I also have a '95 S10 with a 350ci in it that I'll tow to the track.

One last thing is, I'd really love to Supercharge this thing. That would be so much fun!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why wouldn't a supercharger fit? The engine is so low to lower the center of gravity anyway. I'd love to stick one of those new Eaton TVS superchargers on here. That would be awesome! Make like 500hp. CRAZY!

·
Registered
214 Posts
SC and turbo surely have space. Its who is going to have proper knowledge to do it what we owners have trouble finding.

The mudflaps are available, though a bit small. Peaty has instructions on his site on his install.

I have side steps and they actually do a great job of keeping wintery things off the sides.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the heads up on the mud flaps. Maybe if we were to buy some custom ones that were longer and adapt them to the b9 then it would work?

and I've been wondering about the side steps. I really like how it looks on the b9. I think I may go ahead and get them.

I may give this company called Harrop a call in Australia. They are a Eaton vendor and have currently started producing bolt on TVS superchargers for my cobalt ss. I'll see if they would be interested in doing something for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts