Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty ignorant when it comes to vehicles. I’m just trying to find a way to do the right thing with my daughters tribeca.
Check engine light came on. Autozone computer said it was the transmission control module. I found where it is located (under passenger floor carpet). I located it and found a used part on eBay. My concern is getting it programmed if it needs it.
Does it need programmed? Is subaru dealer the only place to get this done? Is buying used a terrible idea?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just buy a cheap code reader to start with, if it looks like money needs to be spent anyway.

·
Registered
794 Posts
P1710 code is for the revolution sensor located on the valve body. It is available in the aftermarket for 2008-14 models. P0700 is an engine code simply to point out that there is a specific P1xxx code set by the TCM.

·
Registered
138 Posts
oh, yeah, baby... I had this sensor problem too... :))))
and, yeah... autozoner needs to have slap in his face for being stupid...

p.s. replace fluid and filter/s (INTERNAL(!!!!) + external (if it does exist)).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Subaru dealership took it in and said I needed a new harness and valve body. Is it possible both need replaced? Should I ask for just harness replacement to see if that fixes the issue?
you all have been very helpful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1) I would ask - how did they come to this conclusion, because - with read to hell and back other people experience on internet when I had 1710 - NEVER was it harness issue.
1.1) error itself states turbine revolutions sensor which is NOT available from subaru dealership separately, just as new valve body (~100bucks on ebay for sensor itself vs 600-900 for whole valve body(depending how money hungry are dealership)). for those 600-900 bucks - I would get tuned valve body and be even happier than before :D
1.2) harness - my guess - either "just to be sure" or give you bargaining chip where they CAN AGREE that you don't need it and "save" money (cut down expenses) :D
1.3) harness itself is NOT going to solve anything.
p.s. don't forget to ask dealership about CHANGING INTERNAL filter and then ask "why" and "what shall I do"? :D
p.p.s. hell, I would love to go to dealership just to bust their balls for this issue :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts