Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and they said they did it and it worked. But b/c it wasn't intended for 06-07, they would not warranty/ guarantee the work or part.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, it was something stupid......Over $100 for part and labor. Too much just for a key.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up a set of blank keys' w/ integrated Fobs for my 07'. Everything seems like it's going to work, but WARNING. The length of one of grooves is longer on the 09's smaller series keys. Since most dealers use a machine that cuts the key based on code and not by physically copying another key; the key will be cut wrong since it references the key from the stop of the grove and not by the tip of the key.

Anyone else that plans on doing this... the new keys need to be cut with a MANUAL cutter. FYI!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had to get a new key made today. The dealer was happy to use the Lecagy key with the integrated fob. Cost was $140 including reprogramming and looking up my ID codes since I bought the car used and do not have those. At least I have somewhat limited the size of my keychain. The integrated one is still huge.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
p4l1ndr0m3 said:
Had to get a new key made today. The dealer was happy to use the Lecagy key with the integrated fob. Cost was $140 including reprogramming and looking up my ID codes since I bought the car used and do not have those. At least I have somewhat limited the size of my keychain. The integrated one is still huge.
Did you have to tell them to manually cut the key like the above posts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Did you have to tell them to manually cut the key like the above posts?
No, I did not. However, I have no idea which way they cut the key whether it be by VIN or manually. If I think about it next time I'm up there to get my tire pressure monitor sensor fixed on my driver's front wheel, I'll ask them how they did it and let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts