Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started thinking about replacing the outside mirrors on my '07 with the larger ones from the '08 for safety reasons. After driving mine for a few thousand miles, I can see why they enlarged them on the new model.

Has anybody else thought of doing this? I know it will cost several hundred dollars in parts to do it, but that's a small price to pay to keep from side-swiping somebody, or running a guy on a motorcycle off the road because I can't see them - which I almost did, by the way.:scurred:

I'm primarily interested in whether the new parts will bolt-up without modifications.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well for example in 5th and 6th generation Honda Civics, the side mirrors are interchangeable b/c the sail panels are exactly the same. From what I can see, I don't think SOA would totally remake every panel from 06-07 to 08.

That said, we just need someone to pick up an 08 side mirror and hold it up to an 06-07 body.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Well for example in 5th and 6th generation Honda Civics, the side mirrors are interchangeable b/c the sail panels are exactly the same. From what I can see, I don't think SOA would totally remake every panel from 06-07 to 08.

That said, we just need someone to pick up an 08 side mirror and hold it up to an 06-07 body.
07 Aussie model here already has very big mirrors so if you wanna change for the bigger one, import them.... and no question for modification :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.