Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started thinking about replacing the outside mirrors on my '07 with the larger ones from the '08 for safety reasons. After driving mine for a few thousand miles, I can see why they enlarged them on the new model.

Has anybody else thought of doing this? I know it will cost several hundred dollars in parts to do it, but that's a small price to pay to keep from side-swiping somebody, or running a guy on a motorcycle off the road because I can't see them - which I almost did, by the way.:scurred:

I'm primarily interested in whether the new parts will bolt-up without modifications.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the '08 mirrors are definitely nice since they're bigger but it also seems to block view on the turns because of its size. Could also be contributed by having the seats too low when driving.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well for example in 5th and 6th generation Honda Civics, the side mirrors are interchangeable b/c the sail panels are exactly the same. From what I can see, I don't think SOA would totally remake every panel from 06-07 to 08.

That said, we just need someone to pick up an 08 side mirror and hold it up to an 06-07 body.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Well for example in 5th and 6th generation Honda Civics, the side mirrors are interchangeable b/c the sail panels are exactly the same. From what I can see, I don't think SOA would totally remake every panel from 06-07 to 08.

That said, we just need someone to pick up an 08 side mirror and hold it up to an 06-07 body.
07 Aussie model here already has very big mirrors so if you wanna change for the bigger one, import them.... and no question for modification :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yea, thats right they should fit since our models over here has them. The new shape Tribeca gets released here in a few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts