Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the dealer add bluetooth to my new 5 Passenger Tribeca Work Vehicle. However, they are saying they can not add sirius as well. I am assuming it is because it is stock with XM.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what can be done in dash to fix this problem? I would love my Sirius to continue to show on my head unit and not have to mess around with plug and play.

FYI - I have the sirius adapter for Kenwood left over from my precious vehicle if it will work. (Previous set up was a Kenwood DDX 6019 Head Unit - KNA - G510 GPS and the KCA 100 for BlueTooth.

·
Registered
552 Posts
How is the dealer adding bluetooth? Aftermarket or OEM? There have been rumors that a bluetooth module would be available for atleast the 08 Tribeca's but no one on here has it nor scene it as far as I know.

As far as sirius, subaru's own info on this has been sketchy. Obviously with the 08s, XM is now standard w/ navi so that's probably why as you mention. The 08s with factory built XM includes the fin antenna by the trunk, dealer installed XM/Sirius uses the older style sticky antenna that mounts in the upper right corner of the windshield. So if you get factory built navi/XM I believe the wiring is actually different and why they can't switch it to sirius.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure what brand. It was an expensive upgrade, $600 installed. I think it is a factory option as they had a big 5 foot tall cardboard cutout with its features and the car in the picture on the board was a Subaru. they also had a price for it in their system.

Honestly, because it is a company car I didn't care what brand it was as long as it was integrated and would work in conjunction with the cars stereo system. Very sad for a tech grrk like myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts