Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, but my 06 Beca likely had a bad head gasket and the gas tank is rusty but still functional.

What will swap over? I hate the 08-14 headlights for sure but like that I am not stuck with the only replacement option being OEM.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Tribeca B9
12 Posts
From what I have looked into if you want anything from the front, You would need to swap everything over the Front & Right Fender, Hood, Bumper, Lights, And Vise versa as the body line changed in the front.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have looked into if you want anything from the front, You would need to swap everything over the Front & Right Fender, Hood, Bumper, Lights, And Vise versa as the body line changed in the front.
I definitely would not be swapping over the headlights although they look better to me. I just wanted to get away from being forced to buy OEM lights only or used ones.

My so called engine trouble was nothing so I am relieved for now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Tribeca B9
12 Posts
I definitely would not be swapping over the headlights although they look better to me. I just wanted to get away from being forced to buy OEM lights only or used ones.

My so called engine trouble was nothing so I am relieved for now.

Thanks.
Glad to hear it was nothing major, Yea I think ill be doing a custom headlight here soon, Like you, I have the 06 and I think they could use a nice update. I really like what this guy has done:
I think ill be using it as inspiration but really want to do something unique

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it was nothing major, Yea I think ill be doing a custom headlight here soon, Like you, I have the 06 and I think they could use a nice update. I really like what this guy has done:
I think ill be using it as inspiration but really want to do something unique
That looks really nice. The issue that I find is that the lens messes up on the inside not just the outside...so the cliche' of polishing the outside of the lenses isn't going to help. Interestingly enough, there are part numbers for the lenses from Subaru but they stopped stocking the part long ago.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Tribeca B9
12 Posts
That looks really nice. The issue that I find is that the lens messes up on the inside not just the outside...so the cliche' of polishing the outside of the lenses isn't going to help. Interestingly enough, there are part numbers for the lenses from Subaru but they stopped stocking the part long ago.
Do you have the part numbers? I wonder if 3rd party Subaru parts warehouses have any.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the part numbers? I wonder if 3rd party Subaru parts warehouses have any.
I have the part numbers....do let me know if you come up with anything. I beat myself up for hours on this about once per year lol. Kind of obscure that they had the time to supersede the part numbers but then not stock them at all.

Lenses:

84912xa220 (was 84912xa010)
84912xa210 (was 84912xa000)

Headlights assembly

84001xa01b
84001xa00b

Aftermarket headlight assemblies (never ever stocked anywhere I have been checking for years):

Su2502127
Su2503127

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Tribeca B9
12 Posts
Thanks, Ill see what I can find would be nice if I could start with a new set when I go to build my own.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure. I wait until black Friday every year to swap out my headlights then I see the price and I am like NOPE.

Reactions: Mbarton

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Ill see what I can find would be nice if I could start with a new set when I go to build my own.
Did you have any luck?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cleared both lights with 2k Clear. The Passenger side came out exceptional but the driver's side was cloudy. I could clearly see the cloudiness on the inside. I took the light out along with the bulbs. I then swished some water and dish soap around in there. All kinds of stuff was swishing around in there. In the end, I thought about taking it apart and polishing the inside of the lens. I decided against it as the 2k Clear can's pot life was almost up. It got a little bit less hazy by swishing things around but not much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts