Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

we'll be picking up our '07 model Tribeca next week. My wife will be using it for the commute and I'll be driving it on family holdays. I'm having trouble getting used to the auto-box but love the interior. I'm sure it won't take long to acclimatise once we get the car home.
The Tribeca has been a major sales flop over here for various reasons so we have managed to pick up a low mileage one year old car for relatively little (by UK standards anyway!!). It is the seven seat version which comes in one trim spec only - leather/Sat Nav/DVD are all standard.

I have had a couple of Imprezas over the years, in fact I still have an '00 UK Turbo model as my daily driver. I was delighted to find this site as there is very little info on UK sites about the Tribeca. I've had a good look through the forum history and have already got some useful tips.
Thanks for the help so far and all the best.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well hello from across the pond:wave:

There's a few Aussie and NZ Tribeca's on here as well, and I think someone from the Czech Republic too.

As nice as the Tribeca's are, they've been pretty much a flop here too. I just got mine low mileage/1 yr old as well for a great deal too. Pretty much it's been Subaru fans just moving up in vehicle size....but hey, it's our little secret of what a great car these are.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
We've had the car just over a week now and I'm getting the hang of the auto 'box. Is it me or is the manual mode completely counter intuitive - surely it makes more sense to change up by pulling back than pushing forward. Every bike or car with a sequential 'box that I have ridden or driven works that way ie. you move the shifter in the same direction as the weight transfer.

That aside it is turning out to be a very comfortable family ride. My only issues are with a few bits of interior trim. The cover for the r/h rear seat runner has been kicked off several times by the kids and the lid/armrest for the central storage box is very flimsy. The whole box, in fact, can be rocked from side to side. I don't think anything is broken, it just lets an otherwise very pleasant interior down.

The kids love the DVD, the reversing camera is a neat party trick, the Nav is easy to use and the stereo (while not up to the standards of the German competition) is better than any other stock Subaru I've driven. If I can manage to ignore the whistling sound coming from the fuel filler I think we'll get along very well!!:)

The car had a few extras fitted: splash guards, reversing sensors, 7-st cargo tray and cargo step panel. To that we've added a 5-st cargo tray and the fitted sunshades (we don't get tinted rear windows over here).
One other thing, the alarm remote in the key fob has practically no range at all. You have to be standing next to the car for it to work and even then only some angles/positions will work. I'm sure that we have a UK specific system, I'll have to try the other cars at the dealer to see if it is a problem with our car or something that I'll have to live with.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the site. It took me a while to find a B9 specific forum. At any rate, we'd love to see how your Tribcea is different then the US. Maybe you can send us UKDM parts and we'll send you USDM parts ;)

That way our Tribecas can be even more different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts